What's new

Newbie needs a brush (pardon the redundant post from "newbie intro.")

What a pleasure to find such a fourm. Here I thought I was the first to bring Prorasso to the US! The only on that didn't use gel from a can and disposables. Well, it turns out that I'm the newest of newbies.

I'm in big time need of some brush advise. I've only recently learned of the vast choices available to me. I've been using a Kent T4 for about 10 yrs. and it's the only brush I've ever used and like it quite a bit. I'd like another brush that will accommodate my large mitts and a long enough handle to reach the bottom of the old barbershop mugs that I use. It seems I seek the holy grail of softness and snappiness with backbone.

That which has caught my eye:

Rooney Heritage "Emillion" #2, Rooney Style 3 #2, Thater silvertip, almost anything from Simpson, Truefitt and Hill

Am I looking in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice,
Grande

You've already got a pretty good handle on what you want. I can see you're keeping to mid-sized 24-25mm knot sizes...the Emilion is a great choice...so's the Style 3 Rooney...from Simpsons...the Colonel, Tulip T2, Polo 8 would be great choices as well......alternatively you could ask Rudy Vey to make a custom in your preferred shape with a TGN knot...the advantage to this would be a custom loft suited to your style of lathering...

I too am a new guy and recently purchased a Simpson Berkeley with a travel case. It's by far the best (out of 3) brushes that I have.

One note about the Thäter 4125 and 49125 brushes is that the handles are on the short side. I would suggest a different offering from Thäter if you need a long handle.

To narrow down the Simpsons, how about a Persian Jar 3 in Best or three-band Super?

The Emillion would be an interesting one to try.

Basically, I think it would be hard to go wrong with some of the brushes that have already caught your eye. Hanging around here will only make the list longer!

Top Bottom