What's new

TOMMY BOY- essence of America

Personally, I love this fragrance, and my girlfriend does too. i am not a fan of heavy fragrances so this works well for me. Its very crisp and fresh. It was one of the first fragrances as a young man that i actually enjoyed and could tolerate. after further research, I realized that this fragrance was designed to embody the essence of america.

according to http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121594.html

the fragrance notes are as follows

Top Notes
Lavender, Bergamot, Rain, Florida Grapefruit, Kentucky Bluegrass, Midwest Spearmint

Middle Notes
Driftwood, Cranberry, Apple Pies, Yellow Rose.

Base Notes
Blue Spruce, Cactus Flower, Vermot Red Maple, Wyoming Cottonwood, Amber.

I think it is a very well crafted fragrance.
Chime in on your opinions and what you think.

Louis R

I thought it was interesting that Luca Turin was complimentary of Tommy Boy in his "Perfumes Guide..." book. I don't recall smelling it, and haven't gone out of my way to do so as I don't usually care for many "fresh" type scents, but it does sound like it should be one a lot of folks would like.

Tried Tommy Girl on the wrist in a duty free shop the other day. Very nice; better than the mens IMO. Tea and some unobtrusive flowers.

Didn't quite feel like it screamed USA...

I thought it was interesting that Luca Turin was complimentary of Tommy Boy in his "Perfumes Guide..." book. I don't recall smelling it, and haven't gone out of my way to do so as I don't usually care for many "fresh" type scents, but it does sound like it should be one a lot of folks would like.

The one thing I have learned from Mr. Turin's book is that he and I have markedly different tastes. Still a fun read.

Didn't quite feel like it screamed USA...

if you pay attention to the mens version, i can pick out the distinct fragrances that were designed around America's natural treasures. i agree not screaming America, but i like the idea and the fragrance for that matter.

I heard that there's a more accurate reformulation on the way:

Top Notes
New bank notes, Walden Pond water, National Mall grass, bathtub gin, jet fuel, NY hot dog

Middle Notes
CLP, Pittsburgh PA air, Mississippi mud, a verse of "Old-Time Religion," Lauren Bacall's voice, union card

Base Notes
Catcher's mitt, library books, cheap cigars, summer asphalt, diner coffee, Springsteen concert, redwood forest, sweat

It's probably going to smell a lot like Pinaud LV!

Last edited:

Top Notes
New bank notes, Walden Pond water, National Mall grass, bathtub gin, jet fuel

Middle Notes
CLP, Pittsburgh PA air, Mississippi mud, a verse of "Old-Time Religion," Lauren Bacall's voice, union card

Base Notes
Catcher's mitt, library books, cheap cigars, summer asphalt, diner coffee, Springsteen concert, redwood forest, sweat

you missed the undeniable base note of the NY hotdog in there.

Top Notes
New bank notes, Walden Pond water, National Mall grass, bathtub gin, jet fuel, NY hot dog

Middle Notes

Base Notes

you missed the undeniable base note of the NY hotdog in there.

And don't forget Texas! Throw in some cow chips, or for a more masculine version just use BS, and NOW you've got The Veg!

I used to wear it fairly often and broke out the old bottle last week. It remains a pleasant Summer scent. I have to say that I also find Tommy Girl even better. It is one of my favorites on my wife and always grabs my attention when she wears it.

Top Bottom