What's new

Getting a blade out of an Injector?

just bought my first Injector (hydro) and was wondering if there is a way to get the old blade out to clean it before i put a new blade in?

ok nevermind..i was trying to get the blade out with the lever down to open the head...took me a second to realize to close it up and push easy with a screwdriver then just grab it with some needle nose pliers and voila.

Now i gotta go blade hunting. Rite Aid shows inj blades on their website i guess ill try there since there is one 5 mins from me. CVS and Wally World dont have them and not sure about Walgreens.

if i need to order some what are some good blades? i hope they arent hit or miss like DE blades.

Last edited:
Partially inject a new blade to open the spring and push the old one out slightly, and then (leaving the injector key in), pull it out with a pair of pliers.

You can find them on ebay, original Schick or even personna 74's. Ted Pella also sells them, $8 for 20 blades.

its amazing 2.5 yrs ago when i started using safety razors i remember seeing injector blades at the local places...now that i have finally got one..cant find any locally lol

is there any need to go by Dollar General or Family Dollar?

Yah, the last major national chain dropped injectors about 2 years ago. You might get lucky and find some old stock in random locations, or at locally owned stores, but odds are pretty stacked against it.

Yah, the last major national chain dropped injectors about 2 years ago. You might get lucky and find some old stock in random locations, or at locally owned stores, but odds are pretty stacked against it.

i can hear my dad now..."a day late and a dollar short"..pretty much the Simpson motto lol

there is a salvage place not far from me i might hit there sometime. the last time i was in they had this big huge box of the Schick Slim Twin carts..maybe ill get lucky and they have a butt load of injector blades.

Top Bottom