What's new

How Long Did It Take You to Get Your Money Back?

How Long Before eBay Refunded Your Money After the Seller Responded?

• 1-14 Days

• 15-30 Days

• 31-60 Days

• 61-90 Days

• 91-120 Days

• >120 Days

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I bought a cased Fat Boy from eBay and when I received it today the case was damaged. It's really too bad since this particular Fat Boy came with the instructions and I wanted to have it in my new, very small collection.

I communicated with the seller and in the end we were at an impasse. My offer was that I ship it back to the seller at my cost and the seller would refund me my purchase price. The seller refused my offer so I opened up a buyer protection case. The seller responded to the opened case within a few hours and "the seller has asked eBay Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision."

This is my first case that I've had to open against someone so I don't know how long it will take before I see my account credited. If you've had to open up a case against a seller, what has been your experience?

Both times that I've opened disputes they've been resolved within two weeks, but they were done through Paypal. If eBay are handling it directly it might be different.

So I just got a response from eBay saying that they ruled in my favor and they even provided a pre-paid shipping label to return the merchandise back to the seller. I was expecting a response on Friday, July 15th, but eBay customer service said they were busy with a lot of cases. Hopefully, I'll have my money back by the end of the week, just over two weeks since I sent payment for the item and about a week and a half since I opened up the dispute.

Top Bottom