What's new

My birthday is close

My 51st B-Day is closing in on Sept 1st. I think I want a brush. I've currently only have 3. A faux horn Rooney 3/2 in Super, a Semogue Owners Club, and an EJ Silvertip ( black handle, nice little brush) If I can convince her to go up to $150ish, any recommendations? I love all 3 of my brushes and appreciate their differences. OR, if she can come in way under budget, that would allow for several more creams, which I would not mind either. What do you masters of shaving think?

Last edited:
I think you would get a lot of joy out of a Thäter 4125, size 1. The 49125 is the same knot with a plexi handle. It's a luxury bomb.

My 51st B-Day is closing in on Sept !st. I think I want a brush. I've currently only have 3. A faux horn Rooney 3/2 in Super, a Semogue Owners Club, and an EJ Silvertip ( black handle, nice little brush) If I can convince her to go up to $150ish, any recommendations? I love all 3 of my brushes and appreciate their differences. OR, if she can come in way under budget, that would allow for several more creams, which I would not mind either. What do you masters of shaving think?

I'd recommend a Custom Finest Shavemac, you could even have your name/ initials engraved and keep it to ~$100.00 delivered. I own two Shavemac Customs; one Finest & one Silver-Tip, and find the Finest to be just as tip-soft as the Silver-Tip (at least an indiscernible difference) than you could get a cream or two, here's the link: http://www.shavemac.com/shop/product_info.php?currency=USD&info=1496

If I hadn't bought so many brushes leading up to my birthday next month, I'd ask for a custom Shavemac Finest with my name engraved. Maybe next year.

Thanks to you gentlemen for the suggestions. I noticed that I've gotten responses from true "masters" as I requested, judging by all the "comma" post counts achieved. Bravo! Lots to think about!

Top Bottom