Thread: My birthday is close

Default My birthday is close

My 51st B-Day is closing in on Sept 1st. I think I want a brush. I've currently only have 3. A faux horn Rooney 3/2 in Super, a Semogue Owners Club, and an EJ Silvertip ( black handle, nice little brush) If I can convince her to go up to $150ish, any recommendations? I love all 3 of my brushes and appreciate their differences. OR, if she can come in way under budget, that would allow for several more creams, which I would not mind either. What do you masters of shaving think?
    Last edited by shavervinnie; 07-12-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you would get a lot of joy out of a Thäter 4125, size 1. The 49125 is the same knot with a plexi handle. It's a luxury bomb.
    Cheers,
    Francesco

-

Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shavervinnie View Post
    My 51st B-Day is closing in on Sept !st. I think I want a brush. I've currently only have 3. A faux horn Rooney 3/2 in Super, a Semogue Owners Club, and an EJ Silvertip ( black handle, nice little brush) If I can convince her to go up to $150ish, any recommendations? I love all 3 of my brushes and appreciate their differences. OR, if she can come in way under budget, that would allow for several more creams, which I would not mind either. What do you masters of shaving think?
    I'd recommend a Custom Finest Shavemac, you could even have your name/ initials engraved and keep it to ~$100.00 delivered. I own two Shavemac Customs; one Finest & one Silver-Tip, and find the Finest to be just as tip-soft as the Silver-Tip (at least an indiscernible difference) than you could get a cream or two, here's the link: http://www.shavemac.com/shop/product...=USD&info=1496
    Tabacaholic since 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No question or hesitation in my mind. A Savile Row Silvertip...SR 3924 to be exact. Happy Birthday.
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I hadn't bought so many brushes leading up to my birthday next month, I'd ask for a custom Shavemac Finest with my name engraved. Maybe next year.
    ~brian

Thanks to you gentlemen for the suggestions. I noticed that I've gotten responses from true "masters" as I requested, judging by all the "comma" post counts achieved. Bravo! Lots to think about!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget to look at the Duke. It's a popular brush with a big following. Happy birthday!
    How are you fixed for blades?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An M&F would be a nice one too. You ould get a nice 24 mmblonde badger for a little over 100.
    - Nathan