What's new

PIF to celebrate Barcelona!

I was very fortunate to take a family vacation in and around Barcelona, Spain, this summer. Wow! In my Spain thread I talked about all that you can see and do there. It is a tremendous city - like no other I have seen! The people are wonderful and beautiful! It is a vibrant city moving forward, but embracing the past.

And the traditional shaving products available there are fantastic! In order to allow a few B&B members who haven't tried the La Toja shaving soap, I brought a few sticks home and I am going to PIF them. I have 3 sticks I'd like to give away. Just say you want in. On Friday evening at 7pm, Eastern Daylight Savings Time, I will randomly pick 3 winners, then I will ask you to PM your address. I will send the sticks out early next week. CONUS only, please.

proxy.php

I'm keeping the Manantiales! Good luck!

I would love to be included, never had the opportunity to try it. Spain is on my short list of places to visit. Thanks.

I have plenty of La Toja in every way shape or form, but I'm desperately looking for Myrsol without having to pay 30 Euros for shipping.
You wouldn't happen to have an extra bottle you'd like to sell? If so, PM me.

My apologies for hijacking the thread, now back to its regular business.

I have plenty of La Toja in every way shape or form, but I'm desperately looking for Myrsol without having to pay 30 Euros for shipping.
You wouldn't happen to have an extra bottle you'd like to sell? If so, PM me.

My apologies for hijacking the thread, now back to its regular business.

I passed on picking up any Myrsol. The scents didn't appeal to me like the Floid when I put my nose to them. Had I known, I would have gladly picked up a couple of bottles for you. I now wish I'd at least gotten the larger bottle of the Floid as I see it disappearing quickly. :(

It is a great stick! I see Vintage Scent has it for 5,95 Euros plus shipping. I saw it for as little as 1,60 Euro in Espana. It is unfortunate it is not as cheap here. Gotta share it Stateside!

proxy.php

Looking from Parc Guell, above the Gracia District where we stayed, down Las Ramblas, past Sagrada Familia, down to the Mediterranean Sea.
Yes, this PIF is a way for me to impose my vacation slides on the B&B community!

Is the stick the same scent as the Manantiales?

Either way I would love to try some as someone earlier said, I hear nothing but good things about it. Count me in please.

I'm in. What a great PIF from the land of Salvador Dali!

We saw his museum in his birthplace of Figueres. The knife shop there has plenty of DEs and straights to chose from. Merkur 1904 - 22 Euros.

Wanted to go to Cadaques, where he spent some time, when we were just across the Gulf of Roses in L'Escala (anxoves!!), but got to Figueres on the bus and spent the day there.
View from L'Escala, across the Gulf of Roses, to Roses. Cadaques is just over the mountains.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Is the stick the same scent as the Manantiales?

Either way I would love to try some as someone earlier said, I hear nothing but good things about it. Count me in please.

I think the scent of the Manantiales is just a little milder than the stick, but the stick, tub, and canned goo all have the great La Toja scent.

Please count me in on this, have been wanting to try that stick for awhile now, and just don't have the spare cash to pick up some.

proxy.php

Torre Agbar - the Barcelona Water Company building. Snapped this pic on the bus on the way back to Barcelona from L'Escala for a Jack Johnson concert at Parc del Forum (CruillaFest 2011). We left on a trans Atlantic flight the next day, sleeping only on the floor of the airport. The La Toja stick is a bit smaller (50g), but a similar shape to this building!

Top Bottom