What's new

Lucido Hair Tonic/ Hair Liquid

Hello,

I might be able to make it to a Mitsuwa grocery in chicago and I had heard that they sell Lucido products. I'll definately pick up some aftershave, but I was wondering if anyone had tried their Hair Tonic or Hair Liquid. I couldn't find too much information on them.

From google translator
http://www.lucido.jp/products/basic/03.html

It appears the "Hair Liquid" will give hair shine and "tend to keep the hairstyle" Unscented

The "Hair Tonic" prevents dandruff for dry scalp and gives a cooling sensation. Keeps scalp clean. Unscented

http://www.lucido.jp/products/basic/02.html

I like that they are unscented so if I can find them I might give them a whirl.

i feel like my hair (dry, curly, coarse) and scalp (oily) could benefit from hair tonic, but it seems like such an archaic product and i never hear about anyone else using it

So I ended up at Mitsuwa, picked up some aftershave and a bottle of hair tonic. They also had a hair cream in a similar bottle, but not the hair liquid. Unfortunately the hair tonic is pretty expensive. I paid $14 for 200ml bottle. The stuff smells just like the aftershave, just some menthol and then unscented.

I've used it a couple times, both with wet hair and with dry hair. Honestly I don't notice much of an effect at all. It does give you a "fresh" feeling if its been a while since your shower because of the quickly fading menthol scent. However it doesn't really give any hold. And i'm not sure it makes hair more manageable. There really isn't anything bad about it, I'm just not sure it does anything beneficial.

I've never tried hair tonic before so I could be missing something.

The product that I'm ultimately looking for is an unscented product that has a very very light hold. I would use it to keep stray hairs down when I shower at night and wake up with bed head. Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think the only hair tonics with any sort of hold are the ones with oil. I've used both TOBS and Pashana Bay Rum hair tonics and they're just alcohol and fragrance. Nothing in there to keep your hair in place.

Top Bottom