What's new

Slant Rusting?

Today, after cleaning my slant gold razor, I saw some minor rust, I am not really sure if it is the blade (Feather) or the razor. Should I be worried about my slant? :frown:

Today, after cleaning my slant gold razor, I saw some minor rust, I am not really sure if it is the blade (Feather) or the razor. Should I be worried about my slant? :frown:

IF I am not badly mistaken the razor is made of brass which of course doesn't rust. Even though a blade is stainless it can still rust although not as much as a carbon blade. It stains-less but it still will stain.

Tell me about it, once I left a Wilkinson blade in my slim adjustable that I didn't dry off for a couple of days, and the blade edges rusted and left many rust stains inside the razor.

Tell me about it, once I left a Wilkinson blade in my slim adjustable that I didn't dry off for a couple of days, and the blade edges rusted and left many rust stains inside the razor.
Yeah I hate that . That is why I always remove the blade and lay it on a paper towel. Also I like to switch between razors most days. That way I use the same blade two or three consecutive days in a different razor if the mood strikes. I never use the blade beyond three no matter how good it is. Many times only twice. I like a sharp blade.

I've gotten into the habit of flipping the blade after a shave session is over.

When I do that, I wipe the blade off from center out towards the edge.

I treat my razors like I treat my guns, clean, dry, and ready to go. :tongue:

I've gotten into the habit of flipping the blade after a shave session is over.

When I do that, I wipe the blade off from center out towards the edge.

I treat my razors like I treat my guns, clean, dry, and ready to go. :tongue:

Does flipping the blade really show positive results for you ?

Honestly? I don't know.

I just did it from the get go because I look at blades like tires. If you don't
have your tires rotated, you'll get uneven wear.

I could be wrong and flipping them doesn't do a darn thing.

I just did a forum search and found a couple of threads on the topic. It occurs to me that as I always take the blade out after a shave when I put it back in a razor I am not particular about which way it is going in compared with the last use. So I am likely flipping the blade at least some of the time.

But a fetather rusting after only 2 shaves? I guess it could be... If I have not tried the black beaty is because i do not want to deal with rust.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't know what the honemeisters use for their carbon blades, but I use camellia oil for storing carbon knives. It doesn't get rancid, has no odor, and is non-toxic (it's even used on the skin and hair).

I can't imagine using it on disposable blades, though.

I don't know what the honemeisters use for their carbon blades, but I use camellia oil for storing carbon knives. It doesn't get rancid, has no odor, and is non-toxic (it's even used on the skin and hair).

I can't imagine using it on disposable blades, though.

+1 with the Camellia and also Tuf Glide works great not as messy

Top Bottom