What's new

Lousy, lousy shave this morning

Here goes...
Time for a new blade in my ever- reliable Tech. Go with my last Gillette green 7o'clock.
I bought a tube of Proraso a few weeks ago, but have not used it yet ( I normally use the green tub). Open it up and give it a squeeze. Nothing. Squeeze harder-nothing.
Finally, a dollop. Start to lather with my wonderfully broken-in Semogue 1305 brush: the cream won't lather. More water: nothing. It was like trying to lather sealing caulk!:confused:
(my little travel tube of C.O. Bigalow was never like this!)
Eventually ended up with a lather, but it was too watery. Fine, back to the green bowl.
All lathered up now, I start shaving. Pulling and tugging. BAD pulling and tugging!:ohmy: Then I nick myself-haven't done that in months!:angry: So I do something I've never had to do before: switched razors mid-shave, going to my Merkur Bakelite. Older blade, but better results.
Time to re-lather for my second pass.
And then the wonderfully broken-in knot falls off the 1305 handle, hitting the counter, then the floor.:cursing::cursing:

All in all, I've had better shaves.

On the positive side, tomorrows shave is bound to be better...that is unless you share your abode with the infamous Mr. Murphy.

Regards,

Doug

Sounds like the makings of a good 'ol country song classic.

"My Proraso dried,
a weeper cried,
and my knot fell down the privy."

Sorry....

Carry on.

Man, sorry to hear about the whole thing. :scared:

Sometimes things just go bad for everything. I'll agree with the pack it in, tomorrow is another, hopefully better day. :001_tongu :wink2:

Damn. Double damn. Don't know what to say other than just to carry on and move forward.

Gives me reason to have an extra brush or ten just in case. They all can't die on me, right?

Condolences on the brush knot... would you brush resto experts advise repairing it with epoxy or sending it back to the manufacturer?

I nicked my upper lip the other day with a new Gillette Swede and got the Barney Fife's after that (AKA the shakes): it was a scary shave!

Ugh...and I was just about to order a 1305, but now that I've seen this I'm not so sure any more...
This is the first time that I have heard about a bad thing happening to a Semogue, although it sounds like Pelicano had the same experience!
A lot of us have these brushes now, so we are bound to hear about a few problems, I don't know that there is enough reason yet to think that this is a regular issue with the brushes - the 1305 is still worth considering. (In fact, this is also the first time I have heard about a drying problem with Proraso)
Both the 1305 and the 2000 have wooden handles, I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune WM. Hopefully the knot can be reset. As for the Proraso, sounds like you got a shaving stick in a tube!

I've reset a knot before and now I couldn't rip it out if I wanted too!

We can rebuild it, we have the technology....

That's a terrible way to start the your morning. I use Proraso every other morning and it lathers in no time. Maybe you got a bad batch?
That or maybe it's a sign for you to upgrade!:w00t:

Hope you can save the brush. Better luck tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom