What's new

COLOURS, SOTD "themed week" July 11th - July 17th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My dear friends, during this week we want to see the brightest, most colourful pictures you can produce and the best chromatic matches you can do with all your wonderful shaving tools! :wink2: No other rule to follow. Thanks everyone for participating in the SOTD forum! :001_smile

proxy.php

Godrej Mentol // Canica brush handmade Silvertip // Sub Cero // Thayers // Aqua Velva chipeada :sisi1

proxy.php

Last edited:
Prep: Hot Shower
SC: Bomb "Potomac"
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Torrey "Army" (Of Course)
Strop: Ambrose Horsehide
ASB: Cade
EdT: Badger and Blade
Result: This shave was, I'm sure, going to be the highlight of my first full day here at Ft. McCoy. Fresh off the hones Saturday night, the Torrey exceeded my expectations. She was sharp and smooth! What more could one hope for in an edge? The lather was, of course, divine; what else could it be with a marriage of the Chubby and the Bomb? I'm CBS all over!

proxy.php

Gillette Fusion Proglide
La Roche-Posay Lipikar moisturizing face soap
Clarins Pré-Shave Oil
Omega Shaving Cream mixed with Gillette Proglide Shaving Gel
Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
La Roche-Posay After Shave Balm
NewPeptin Cosmeceuticals Men’s Eye Contour Cream
Clinique M Protect SPF 21
Eau de Toilette: ÉGOÏSTE by CHANEL

proxy.php

Monday 11th July

Pre-shave
Hot shower followed by a facial scrub

Cream/Soap
Proraso shave cream

Brush
FS Finest Badger

Razor
Merkur 38C

Post-shave
Cold rinse with alum block,
Thayer's Witch Hazel
and a splash of Floid Blue

I'm loving the menthol combination of the Italians at the moment, Proraso cream and Floid Blue, especially on a hot day like today :thumbup1:

Pics to follow after my shift​

Last edited:
Monday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: Imperial Leather + Arko Soap
Razor: Gillette '59 (E-2) HD Adjustable
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson '70's Schick Platinum Plus
A/S: None
Cologne: None

Mike

Monday evening:

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Soap: T&H Luxury Shave Soap
Brush: Omega pro n48
A/S: Adidas Deep Energy
ASB: Gaia Organic

Monday

EJ Chatsworth Barley
Crystal Blade
Moss Scuttle
Semogue 2040HD
Speick Cream
Alum block
Witch hazel
Master Bay Rum

Rooney Heritage 3XL | Mitchell's Wool Fat | Charles Hake 8/8 | Alt-Innsbruk | Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food | Abdus Samad Al Qurashi - Sheikh Zuheer

proxy.php

I'm recycling a pic here because I won't have time to make any this week, but I think it fits the theme quite well.
It's also one of my favourite setups, although I prefer Astra SP over SS. But the SP's ruin the colour scheme :sleep:

My actual shave this morning was a little different than usual since we're dog- and housesitting for my inlaws and I borrowed most stuff from my brother in law:

palmolive stick :thumbup:
badger brush from a mach3 fancy set branded 'novex' that sheds worse than a Saint Bernard in spring :cursing:
my own Merkur 11C with Astra SP:001_wub:
and a newly discovered AS lotion: l'homme by Roger&Gallet, found in the back of the cabinet covered in dust (my father in law has been sporting a beard since before I was even born and the kids don't do AS)
It stung like hell, but had a rich, spicy and overall manly scent without being obnoxious. When I stopped crying I checked the ingredients and it even contains witch hazel (1%), quality stuff!
They don't seem to make it anymore and the only pic I found was from the EdT, but the packaging is nearly identical. The smoked glass makes me think it's from the eighties and the C14 analysis of the dust confirms this.

Have a colourful week, gentlemen!

Attachments

• $Speick-en-sie-Deutsch.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 406
  • $LHOMME-MEN-2T.jpg
    $LHOMME-MEN-2T.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Warm shower / CF Preshave
Vintage Williams stick
B&B LE '08
39C Slant w/Feather - d1
WWR / CWR
Emerald Water splash
Aluwwah.com - Bahratul Baydha

Monday

Brush Cup
Semogue 1305
Gillette Fat Boy with 7 o'clock SharpEdge

Speick Shave Stick
Speick After Shave Balm

I hope you all have had a good start to the new week :001_smile

proxy.php

The La Toja experimentation continues Stateside.

HD/SP
G5
La Toja cream
cold water splash
Floid Suave splash

Don't think I got the mix quite right today. Same La Toja scent, but I'll bet this cream has some more cushion to offer. Plenty slick, but I'll bet it can get better. Great cream for 2 Euros! Glad I picked up 2 tubes on a recommendation here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom