What's new

ted pella/ems injector blades

so, just won a schick injector (model not specified by the seller, of course) on ebay and will now want some blades to load.
schick brand are available locally (made where, don't know), seven blades per injector. but am wondering if injector blades from ems and/or ted pella are cheaper, better or whatever.
if so, can anyone provide a link to the specific blade i'll need, based on your experience??
with thanks,
jr/john

IMHO the Schicks (made in China) are better than the Ted Pella/Personna blades. The Personna's are OK, but I like the Schicks better.

thanks, Ben,

where are the personna available on-line, if you know.
and, p.s., its a schick m-40, i now realize! for just under $25
jr/john

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Congrats on the injector purchase, and also in having Injector blades available locally! You can get the Personnas from either Ted Pella or EMS, they come 20 to a package for under $5 plus ship. I've got a couple/three (or so) injectors, I think the Schicks are sharper like Ben, but then they cost X more ..

Pick up the local Schicks, check out the EMS blades here http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/preparation/blades.aspx?mm=10#71990 .

Also, the M-40 is a manufacturing number that doesn't denote a model. For the Schick line-up of models check here http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Last edited:
I saw some Personna branded injectors on Amazon, but they were $$$. I got mine from tedpella.com. I bought in bulk from tp with some SE blades to minimize the shipping. they've got carbon steel and PTFE coated blades (which are the ones I've been using).

Congrats on the injector! They're great shavers.

so, just won a schick injector (model not specified by the seller, of course) on ebay and will now want some blades to load.
schick brand are available locally (made where, don't know), seven blades per injector. but am wondering if injector blades from ems and/or ted pella are cheaper, better or whatever.
if so, can anyone provide a link to the specific blade i'll need, based on your experience??
with thanks,
jr/john

I am not familiar with what seller you used, but some sellers (especially here on the BST) include an unadvertised pack of blades with the razors they sell. If you can get blades locally anyway, you may wish to wait to buy them until you actually receive your razor package. If I recall the Ted Pella blades fit the same razors as the Schick blades do. I have heard of EMS but haven't checked their design on any sales sites (I actually just found out that I have a Gillette injector that takes the Schick/Ted Pella blades -- I thought it was an injector of some type but did not know it took available blades until yesterday).

good thread..just got my first injector and am waiting on a pack of the Schicks as we speak. i didnt do a big order just in case. i picked up a single pack on the bay to see if i like them.

Top Bottom