What's new

40's SuperSpeed - wow!

After picking this guy up from cpool222 (easy transaction, recommended), I tried a slightly used Gillette yellow 7 o'clock in it that did not work well for me in a SLim. It was amazingly easy. Seem to be less mild than my Sim but not as aggressive as my Merkur 34c. No nicks and a nice BBS, seemingly without trying. I may have to try a Feather in this.

This marks my first month of wet shaving with a DE and I can't go back. Outstanding forum we have here.

Last edited:
Every blade I try in my 40s Super Speed seems to give a better shave than in my EJ DE89L. That includes Super Iridiums, Feathers, Perma-Sharps and 7 O'Clock Super Platinums. The one exception is the 7 O'Clock Sharpedge Yellow; rougher in the Super Speed. Don't know why.

I used my 40s SS for the first time this entire week just ending. All seven shaves were quality. I have too many other razors to keep happy, but I'll be back for more trysts in the future for sure. You betcha.

I went back to my late 40s super speed this week after using my merkur hd for a while. It reminded me how much I love the ss. It gives a ccs every time.

They knew how to put things together in 1948 :w00t:

proxy.php

They are one of my favorite razors. Great shaver, classic look. It would rate serious consideration if I was limited to only one, and it's my go to razor for travel duty.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
It is a fine razor. I have several and all my other razors collect dust. I am slightly curious to try a new razor, since I have never had a modern one, but every day I get such great shaves with my trusted 40's SS's that I can't justify taking my shave allowance money away from buying shave soap.

They're wonderful, aren't they? I'm working through my little PIF blade sampler to see what I prefer with my two (count 'em, two!) 40s-style Super Speeds, and so far the Bluebird is the only blade (out of four, to date) that hasn't given me a very close, comfortable and good-looking shave. With two of these little guys already in my possession, I feel like I just don't care what other DEs, to say nothing of TTOs, are out there. I think I have to start wondering about SEs, if I must fantasize about even greater shaves. And of course, shaving soaps.

Anyone have a pinup of the same vintage as a classic SE that matches Liz for glamour and elegance?

They knew how to put things together in 1948 :w00t:

proxy.php

They are one of my favorite razors. Great shaver, classic look. It would rate serious consideration if I was limited to only one, and it's my go to razor for travel duty.
Old Lizzie was an amazing looking lady Phew.

Top Bottom