What's new

need help with buying a new brush

Hi Everyone. I'm in the market for a new brush. I am using a Semohue 830 and reall like it. I would like to move up a couple of steps but want a brush with good backbone in about the same size or a little larger, to start a rotation."Variety is the spice of life" I have a antique Simpson 88 that was given to me many years ago by my father that I want to save and not use. Around the $100.00 to $125.00 range is great. Thank you,:confused: I'll await. frank

Frank,

Yes, you do have a great brush, and are looking in the right price range for a Best Badger or a Finest! I think the best value is in a Finest Savile Row brush. http://www.qedusa.com/shaving-brushes-silvertip-badger-brushes-c-33_47.html

Simpson's is a good choice in best - they are great values in fine brushes. West Coast Shaving gives BandB members 10% off Simpson's brushes. Some other online retailers also offer discounts! It is worth it to ask before you purchase.

As you look around, choose a handle design you think you'll like. Also, choose a good 'all rounder' brush, that will work for soaps, creams, bowl and face lathering, so it won't become outdated in your kit.

I have a couple of fine brushes that I don't reach for very often ... a Kent BLK8 and a Simpson's Persian Jar #3. I tend towards other Simpson's, my Semogue 2010 Silver Tip, a couple of Savile Row's, and a Rooney 1/2.

If you also post your question in the Brush Forum, you'll get plenty of replies from members who don't check here much!

Have fun with your next brush purchase!

Savile Row in the 3xxx series (silertip) or a Simpson Duke 2 or 3 in best. Both of these will please you and meet all your needs.

Top Bottom