What's new

Review of Truefitt & Hill 1805 and Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor

This is a review of two creams I have recently purchased and tried. The first is Truefitt & Hill 1805 and the second, Mr. Taylor's of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor.

T&H 1805

I had tried the sample pack from T&H, and enjoyed all of the scents offered what grabbed me was the 1805 and it's scent as well as it's latherability were wonderful as were all of the T&H samples. The 5.6 ounce tub did not disappoint either in size, nor in scent or in shaving ability. Some reviews have said 1805 smells like an oceany scent but I find it as a masculine scent.

TOBS Mr. Taylor

The TOBS Mr. Taylor when I opened it reminded me of the scent of old spice but surprised me with great latherability, and a nice distinct shave smell almost a clean soapy smell.

The question I have is, TOBS Mr. Taylor, is that I took a shower, and put warm water on my face and lathered up for the first pass WTG. It went well. For the second pass, ATG and third pass ATG, I got a good shave but missed a few spots I usually don't miss with T&H 1805. I noticed the Taylors said it did not have an parabons in it. What is a parabon? Also I did not put water on my face for the second and third pass. What am I doing wring when I shave?

I would highly recommend both creams. Purchase the T&H sample pack and the travel tube of TOBS. I'm not sure if TOBS makes a sample pack I know Geo. F. Trumpers does. Does anyone have any experience shaving with Geo. F. Trumpers? I would be interested to hear from you more experienced shavers that have used any of these creams.

Best,
Jerry

GFT has a good sampler, you get to try their colognes as well as their Skin Food in addition to the creams. I have tried proabably 75% of the different creams made by the 3 T's and found the performance to be similar for me across all the companies and varieties. If you are on any kind of a budget it's hard to beat Taylor's products. I currently have Mr Taylor, Sandalwood and Jermyn Street in my rotation, as well as GFT Sandalwood.

Last edited:
I continue to enjoy excellent results with both TOBS and GFT creams. Mr. Taylor is a great performer and I enjoy the AS and cologne as well.

Regards,

Doug

Check out wiki for more comprehensive reading on paraben LINK.

Seems to be a relation between paraben and breast cancer. Avoidance makes sense here.

1805 is one of my all time favs. Definitely a top shelf product.

+1 I absolutely agree. Just used 1805 cream/aftershave and cologne today and I smell marvelous! I like pretty much all of T&H's fragrances (except Trafalgar, which smells to me like a citronella candle!)

Top Bottom