What's new

Pet Portrait

I'm sitting here talking with a retired friend of mine. He is a great artist, and is interested in painting pet portraits from photographs. I have been scouting out the internet with him, showing him how to search for information like this, and reviewing some sites that offer this service.

My friend is not computer savvy. I'm trying to help him brainstorm this idea, and I thought you guys might give valuable feedback.

If you sent someone a picture of your dearest pet dog or cat, and got back a very nice painted pet portrait of the pet - say 8" x 10" in size, what would you pay?

This is NOT a sales pitch or gimmick, by the way. I am not about to offer anyone here anything. This is simply a request for feedback and suggestions for my friend?

Legion

Staff member
Well, it is not my cup of tea, but I could see pet orientated people paying ~ $100 for something like that. Like with anything artistic, though, it all depends on how it was marketed.

I think it all depends on the skill of the artist, and the look of the finished picture. For some people their pets are family, and price is no barrier. I'd check around to see how the market works and the prices others are charging. The internet should have the answers.

Top Bottom