What's new

What razor belongs in the Khaki set?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Here is a link to a Khaki set from mr-razor's web site. That Khaki set of yours would have had a ball end old type razor that was stamped "PROPERTY U.S. ARMY" on the bottom of the guard plate.

Typically an Property U.S. Army Khaki set will have a J-Code ball end Old Type which will be stamped Property US Army on the bottom plate. Here is my set.

proxy.php

Closeup of the stamping.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll have to find a proper razor to go in the set then!!! Now I am on the hunt again!! My wife is gonna kill me!!!!LOL

25 years ago I picked up a Khaki set at an antique shop. I used it for about a year and let it go. I still regret that decision. Great post, thanks for the memories!

I just picked up a Property U.S. Army razor (only) and was trying to figure out what it was worth. Its not in great shape, I thought I might clean it up and give it a spin.

I just picked up a Property U.S. Army razor (only) and was trying to figure out what it was worth. Its not in great shape, I thought I might clean it up and give it a spin.

If you decide you want to get rid of it, let me know. I have yet to find one in my hours of searching.

Greg

Its a little rough, bent teeth, bumps and bangs. You may want something a little cleaner. If you don't find one soon pm me and I will try to send you a pic.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
WyoSilver, welcome to B&B - please note however that there are minimum requirements before you can sell things on this board. Stick around & contribute, you'll be eligible to sell items in no time

Typically an Property U.S. Army Khaki set will have a J-Code ball end Old Type which will be stamped Property US Army on the bottom plate.

Actually, Gillette was still on the letter "D" when they started making razors for the WWI contract. They quickly burned through several letters of the alphabet making so many razors for the army. In 1918, once they hit the letter "J", they made lots of 100 razors each with the same serial number. The J-code razors are the most common WWI contract razors found due to the shear numbers involved. The "Property of US Army" appears on all razors made for the contract, and not just the J-code razors.

No "civilian" razors were made with a J-code number, so all J-codes are contract razors, but not all contract razors are J-code.

I have a G-code Army razor in very nice condition, but sadly I do not have a Khaki case. The Khaki razors were nickel plated and still carry quite a tarnish-proof shine!

Top Bottom