What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89BA11

I received my new razor and brush yesterday and I wanted to share my experience and the looks of it with you all.

I wanted to buy a Edwin Jagger DE89 for a while until I noticed the new 2011 models. This one popped out because of the extra grip pattern on the handle. They also claim the weight balance has moved more to the head compared to the older DE89.

This new razor replaces my previous (first razor) Weishi 9306-E. Which is a very mild starters razor. It did the job for the first few shaves, but not that smooth. And because of my sensitive skin I could not do a lot of passes.

I used it with a Derby Extra blade, and I had a very nice and easy going shave with it. The razor just felt right, and it followed my curves like it was magic. It was just as smooth as a knife trough butter.

Compared to the Weishi it has some more blade exposure. The length of the two razors is almost the same.

Overall I am very happy with this new razor and I really recommend buying it.
Any questions? Just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just got the EJDE89BA11 (replaced my EJDE89). I just really liked the new handle. There is a little more weight, however I don't think there is any more weight in the head...pretty sure they are identical (they shave the same). However, I do like the overall weight and size of this one better. It is just an awesome razor when paired with the right blades. Ejnoy!

I also just got the EJDE89BA11 (replaced my EJDE89). I just really liked the new handle. There is a little more weight, however I don't think there is any more weight in the head...pretty sure they are identical (they shave the same). However, I do like the overall weight and size of this one better. It is just an awesome razor when paired with the right blades. Ejnoy!

You are correct Jason the head itself weighs the same, only the handles are a bit heavier. I posted some measurements here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/202697-EJ-DE89BA11-Barley-Chrome?highlight=

It is a great razor. Enjoy.

You are correct Jason the head itself weighs the same, only the handles are a bit heavier. I posted some measurements here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/202697-EJ-DE89BA11-Barley-Chrome?highlight=

It is a great razor. Enjoy.

Very nice pics and measurements...not sure how I missed that thread. I didn't see it in the thread, but did you happen to measure the overall length? When I laid them side by side, I could have sworn the BA was just a smidge longer...maybe a few mm's. I have big hands and the BA feels nicer in my hand for some reason and it think that may be why.

Jason,

I measured the lengths of the handles and on my ruler the original Lined handle is 87mm and the Barley handle is 88mm. I too have large hands and I agree that the Barley does have a nicer feel in the hand.

Only 1mm? I need to take a look again as I was sure it was about 5mm. Anyway, both the old and new versions are great shavers although I like the barley chrome for its looks.

Only 1mm? I need to take a look again as I was sure it was about 5mm.

Here is a quick shot of both with a ruler.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom