What's new

Red Wings Iron Ranger boots?

Why did I come to this thread?

Luckily common sense is winning right now. I still have my 9 year old Doc Martens around that I rarely wear, spending this money on another pair of boots isn't the smartest idea.

But now they are on my Amazon Wishlist..and I'll see them again someday.

I don't want to derail the thread, but these Wolverine 1000 Mile boots looked nice too. Can anyone speak of those?

How's the traction on these? I knew the soles were smooth, but those look like they could pose a problem in heavy snow/rain.

That's why I'd prefer the Chippewa 6" Work Boot

proxy.php

Stompers has them:

http://www.stompersboots.com/gtwy_laceup-031.php

So for those of you that ended up giving in :lol: how do you like your new boots? Told ya you wouldn't regret it!

Mine still seem to get better and better, even though I've had them for several months. Despite the number of shoes I own, these are practically the only ones I wear anymore outside of work.

I love 'em!!! They are breaking in very nicely even after just a few short wears. Very comfortable too. They look great with jeans. Best boots I've ever had, period!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Btw, I went to the Red Wing website and as a service they will send free shoe laces to you. Just tell them the model of your shoe. So I did just to check it out and sure enough free shoe laces for my Iron Rangers arrived today. Nice touch of customer service.

I am dying over here- I finally found a pair in 11 EE and have them. They fit OK, but feel a little long.
So I ordered a 10 1/2 EE and they feel snugger but the correct length. So do I take a chance and hope they stretch a little or do I go with the 11 and hope they don't stretch? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I am dying over here- I finally found a pair in 11 EE and have them. They fit OK, but feel a little long.
So I ordered a 10 1/2 EE and they feel snugger but the correct length. So do I take a chance and hope they stretch a little or do I go with the 11 and hope they don't stretch? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

As I indicated when I purchased mine, I tried a 1/2 size smaller and it was too snug so I went with my actual size (10D) and they fit just fine. Actually wore them outside of the house for the first time. I wore them for about 6 hours straight and they felt fine and comfortable.

I would go with your correct fit.

I've tried RW boots twice over the years and both pair pinched a nerve between my toes which made them impossible to wear for more than an hour or so. I don't know if it's their cut or sizing. They feel fine in the store and for an hour or two at a time, then the pain starts. I should put my pair of RW insulated, waterproof, 6" boots (10EE) on BST if I can find them in my shed to take a photo.

Found them. Model # 2246 with steel toe. Forgot I got them for work.

Last edited:
Good ole' B&B. I haven't been posting much, but I was in the market for a new pair of boots so I decided to check out what fellow members have bee indulging in and I'm really glad I did. I ordered a pair from revolveclothing.com. If anyone is in the market they have free shipping and 30% off for new customers - you have to call or email them your order number to get the discount. I ordered mine around 7 PM CST, called and actually got a live person so that made me happy. The only thing is they have a limited size selection.

I can't wait to get these! This will be my first good pair of boots in quite a while. I had a pair of Redwings for work boots back in the mid-90s that were the most durable, comfortable boots I've ever had. Even after I got out of the construction business my dad kept wearing them for years.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Nice looking boots there.

I think you're right about black. When I think about it, aside from dress shoes, I don't own any black boots and own only one pair of casual black shoes which are black penny loafers from J&M.

Top Bottom