What's new

Semogue Brushes

I am getting the itch to switch from my tweezerman brush to something more DE-ish.

I am considering the Semogue brushes due to the price more than anything.

I am a bit confused though. What are the differences between the 1305 and the 1250? The 1305 to me looks like badger while the 1250 looks like boar. Keep in mind that I know nothing of either brush as this is my first foray into brushes of any kind.

$semogue-1305-web__69461_thumb.jpg$semogue-1250-web__60731_thumb.jpg

Being that the dimensions are exactly the same, what is the difference and is there a better brush for the price than the two I am looking at?

It seems that it is just the finish of the handle and the dyeing of the hairs. I do not have both to say for sure. The 1305 is really great. (Although I do not have many brushes to compare.) I found it much better than the Tweezerman. Just be careful not to drop it, as the finish of the handle can crack. (In that aspect maybe the 1250 is a better option.)

You could e-mail the retailer. (I got mine from http://vintagescent.com/.)

There's a difference in the hair.
Both are boar, buit 1305 is banded imitation badger, Premium 90% tops vs 1250 White Best 90% tops.

I like my 1305, it is a good brush.

get the 1305. you will not be sorry.

i would also consider the owner's club or the 830. or any other semogue because they are one of the most incredible values in brushes for wetshavers available.

The Semogue Owners' Club is my choice of Semogues...used it last night actually...terrific brush (or a 820 or 610 if you like a smaller handle and knot)

Of those two, the difference is the type of hair used as mentioned above...they are both 90% (meaning 90% of the hairs reach the full length of the loft), so once broken in they will very soft and comfortable. The 1305 may break in a little faster, and the 1250 maybe be a slightly stiffer hair, but the difference will be very small, perhaps noticeable if you bought both.

The 1305 is a great intro to high quality boar, though neither would disappoint. I think the 1305 would end up a tad softer, and the 1250 would likely have a bit more backbone.

Those two models have a slightly different grade of boar hair:
- the 1305 model has Premium 90% tops;
- the 1250 model has Best 90% tops.

The "Premium" hair grade (1305) is more soft, with tips that become very soft on the face, whereas the "Best" hair grade (1250) has more backbone , which is good for hard soaps, for example, and a little more "scrubby" feeling.

Hope it helps,

After owning the 1250, I can say the tips became cloud soft after ~8 lathers, the Backbone is sufficient to Face lather and the Handle is Long Enough to Bowl lather. This Brush can load Hard Soaps as well as Soft Soaps and Creams easily, I'd highly recommend this as a first Semogue, only soak 50% of the Bristle, keeping water away from the handle and you'll have No problems with the handle Cracking, warping or splitting.

get the 1305. you will not be sorry.

i would also consider the owner's club or the 830. or any other semogue because they are one of the most incredible values in brushes for wetshavers available.

I have one of the Owner's Club brushes and I think its a fantastic value!

Top Bottom