What's new

Taylor Lavender Shave Soap -RIP

I just got word that Taylor of Old Bond Street has discontinued their Lavender Shave soap in a bowl (I am unsure about refills). The Sandalwood soap is still in production.

Another one bites the dust! :sad:

That's my favorite lavender scented soap. I may have to buy one in a bowl before they run out just on principle.

I wonder why they would discontinue that one? I can't use lavender products and I've never used TOBS lavender, but I've always had a soft spot for their small soap lineup. Does the "traditional" small scuttle soap actually sell more? I would think they'd discontinue that one before the big soaps.

Here we go, another one bites the dust. Guess I'll be trying this one sooner rather than later.

And I just PIF'd a barely used puck this past weekend. My timing is peccable.

Last edited:
The sensible side of me says "there are so many lavender soaps that smell and work so well (or perhaps better) that it's not worth getting this worked up about."

The wet shaver in me says "I have to order this now even though I have a lavender soap I am in love with because I might never get to try it."

I always enjoyed using TOBS soaps. The lavendaer is a great performing soap. I am sorry to hear of this.

This one was not snagged by my SSAD tractor beam. Now I'm going to pretend it is gone for good.

The sandalwood is a pretty decent soap if not the purest of sandalwood scents.

This is disappointing as this is a fine soap that has earned a place in my soap rotation.

Best regards,

Doug

I just received confirmation that the Taylor Lavender refills will continue to be made. The Lavender refills have the same ingredient list as the Sandalwood soap but a different ingredient list from the Lavender bowls.

To clarify my earlier post, the TOBS Lavender soap with the following ingredient list has been discontinued:

Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum
(Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasoidum EDTA,
Tetrasodium Etidronate

The Lavender refills have the same ingredient list as the Sandalwood soap but a different ingredient list from the Lavender bowls.

How strange! You buy a bowl and can never get the same formula refill for it. Maybe it's for the better they discontinued it then :smile:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I received a confirmation email that my soaps are on their way. I will use one right away and tuck the others away for safe keeping in an underground bunker. The hoarding has officially begun.

Top Bottom