What's new

Taylor Lavender Shave Soap -RIP

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I got my soap today, but I'm not sure if it is the old formula or the new. How can I tell?

I got my soap today, but I'm not sure if it is the old formula or the new. How can I tell?
Quoting from Phill (Bullgoose shaving),this is the old formulation:

Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum
(Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasoidum EDTA,
Tetrasodium Etidronate

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Quoting from Phill (Bullgoose shaving),this is the old formulation:

Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum
(Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasoidum EDTA,
Tetrasodium Etidronate

Thanks, and it is colored as well? I thought the old was white. Anyway, the ingredients seem to be in order, so I think I'll fire one up for a shave. I won't be able to compare it to the refill though until I get to my cottage this weekend where the refill is.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't this a Creighton puck?
I remember a thread from a few years back of how the Cyril Salter refill puck (at a third of the price) was the exact same as the T&H Luxury soap (both lavender), and I'm pretty sure it was a dead ringer for the TOBS too.

Thanks, and it is colored as well? I thought the old was white. Anyway, the ingredients seem to be in order, so I think I'll fire one up for a shave. I won't be able to compare it to the refill though until I get to my cottage this weekend where the refill is.

Not,its blue,like the ones you have.

I remember a thread from a few years back of how the Cyril Salter refill puck (at a third of the price) was the exact same as the T&H Luxury soap (both lavender), and I'm pretty sure it was a dead ringer for the TOBS too.

No,not a Creighton creation.Bronnley or Culmak maybe?

You maybe confusing the TOBS Lavender soap with their Traditional, which is similar to the T&H and Salter's

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I had a very nice shave with this stuff. I won't be able to compare it to the refill until I get up to my cottage this weekend. However, from what I remember about it, the soap in the bowl was definitely better. I had to reload my brush for the ATG pass as I was a little light on the first loading, which is a common problem I have with the first lathering of a new soap.

It has a very nice scent, the shave was smooth and left my face feeling very soft and supple, not dry, not greasy.

Top Bottom