What's new

Newb soap question

I just tried out a new soap (Col. Conk's) and put it in a mug, and made the lather directly in the mug. For the past couple of weeks since I began shaving with a DE razor, I had been using a soap that came in its own bowl. Do I leave the excess lather in the mug and let that dry? Do I rinse it off? Thanks!

Yeah I second the cold water. If you use hot water you'll waste too much, but with cold water you won't lose much. Also with some soaps MWF in particular I've heard that too hot water causes the good stuff (lanolin) to escape.

Rinse off the excess lather before storing the puck away. Have never had a problem doing this. I usually use the puck in it's container and then face lather...once I'm done shaving, I rinse out the brush and the puck before doing my usual clean-up of the counter top.

I usually take a piece of toilet paper or tissue and take off the excess if it is too wet. Otherwise, I just let it stay there. But as Eric V said above, it is better to use a separate bowl to make your lather (except if you face or palm lather.)

Thanks for the welcome, and for the advice! I'll clean off the puck when I get home and try using a separate bowl to make the lather on my next shave.

Welcome to B&B!:thumbup1:

I simply dry the soap surface and bowl in a towel, leave lid off for half hour to allow further drying, and then store.

Top Bottom