What's new

Poll: Your vote for the worst cream ever?

What is the worst shave cream ever?

• Neutrogena

• Kiehl's

• L'Occitane Cade

• Cremo

• Burt's Bees

• Shea moisturizing

• Caswell-Massey

• Ingrams

• Proraso

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please cast your votes for the worst shave cream of all time. You don't need to have tried them all, just the one you vote for!

NOTE: Several members have pointed out that in the case of non-lathering creams, that they should not receive votes solely due to the fact that they fail to make nice lather. I agree.

Also, members are surprised to see Proraso on the list. I am, too! The list was created from nominations made in an earlier thread. Only the creams mentioned two or more times are included above.

Codfish

Last edited:
For me this poll is like adding apples to oranges.... You have lathering and non lathering products, not just "good" and "bad" examples of the same type of product, of the in the same list. Some shaving creams are not formulated to produce lather...

Al raz.

For me this poll is like adding apples to oranges.... You have lathering and non lathering products, not just "good" and "bad" examples of the same type of product, of the in the same list. Some shaving creams are not formulated to produce lather...

Al raz.

True enough. The poll assumes that members knew the product was a lathering one or a non-lathering one when they bought it, and otherwise have brains in their heads. I could be wrong.

I guess this ruins my chances of publishing the results in Scientific American...:tongue_sm

Codfish

Last edited:
True enough. The poll assumes that members knew the product was a lathering one or a non-lathering one when they bought it, and otherwise have brains in their heads. I could be wrong.

I guess this ruins my chances of publishing the results in Scientific American...:tongue_sm

Codfish

The Shea Moisturizing one advertises as a cream to brush lather with. I voted for it because it in fact is not something that is latherable. I think "worst shave cream ever" doesn't imply that it has to lather or not lather, I think some creams on the list are bad for different reasons, and IMHO the SM that I voted for is bad all around as it advertises itself as something it isn't and smells terribad at the same time heh.

I think the results could tell you if people are judging each product on its own merits. What may prevent you from publishing your results in a scientific journal is not knowing whether people voting have used all of the products in the list... :wink2:

Al raz.

Codfish

Al raz.

I wanted to thank you for your input. You may have seen by now that I modified the original poll instructions to reflect your insightful response.

With appreciation,

Codfish

I wanted to thank you for your input. You may have seen by now that I modified the original poll instructions to reflect your insightful response.

With appreciation,

Codfish

What about Shea Moisture that says you should brush lather if you can but then doesn't? Am I OK to vote that down because it doesn't lather at all? I mean I guess I could vote it down cause on the list I think it is the worst smelling lol. Just making sure I am abiding to the rules with my vote :) .

What about Shea Moisture that says you should brush lather if you can but then doesn't? Am I OK to vote that down because it doesn't lather at all? I mean I guess I could vote it down cause on the list I think it is the worst smelling lol. Just making sure I am abiding to the rules with my vote :) .

I think the ground you stand on looks pretty darn solid from here.:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Thanks for your vote!

Codfish

other than Proraso, which I own and don't believe should be on this list, I have thankfully not tried any of these. will know to stay away. :)

other than Proraso, which I own and don't believe should be on this list, I have thankfully not tried any of these. will know to stay away. :)

I was surprised, myself, to find Proraso nominated for consideration. It's the first cream I ever used, and the reason I like to explore others. I did, however, come across a dud. The list you see, except for Neutrogena, reflect the opinions of other members, not my own.

Thanks for your comments,

Codfish

If you don't believe Prorasso belongs on the list, what makes you think the others do? I'd be a little surprised if they all turned out to be the worst cream ever.

I had to vote for two: Burts Bees and Caswell-Massey. Neither one gave me good results - although a few years ago CM had a few decent creams.

I have only tried two on that list, Proraso and Ingram, and both of those are excellent anyway. My worst cream was Real Shave Co. Sensitive. I found it was a very thirsty cream, it took much more water to get it going. Also it left my skin feeling very dry, I didn't really find the scent much to write home about either.

If you don't believe Prorasso belongs on the list, what makes you think the others do? I'd be a little surprised if they all turned out to be the worst cream ever.

I was surprised when two members nominated it to be on the list. The list reflects two or more nomination votes by members.

Proraso is a personal favorite, and I don't see it belonging here, either.

Codfish

The worst I have tried is not on the list. That is Provence Sante' shave cream. No lather, a feminine/girly smell, no lubrication, slickness, glide. Tossed it in the trash.

Top Bottom