What's new

Casey Anthony not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Stay tuned for details in my upcoming thread, "Florida = Darwin's Waiting Room".

Unbelieveable!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My daughter is no longer permitted to attend school in Florida and, with the exception of The Superior Shave or a vacation that has already been booked and paid for, I will never again conduct any business with any establishment within that state.

Incompetent prosecutors and jury. When this woman is found abusing future children, they will share in the responsibility.

I called it weeks ago. It has nothing to do with evidence (or lack thereof). She simply has too much publicity, and is too famous, to be convicted. You don't even need money any longer to be above the law - simply being famous gets you a free ride.

I hope she doesn't have any more children in the future.

I thought she'd be guilty of at least manslaughter, but the jury did its job and in the end you have to respect the process and the decision.

She has still to face the judgment that is to come. That Judge has no jury and His judgment is final and without appeal.

There was no way they were going to find her guilty of capital murder with such a circumstantial case. They didn't have a motive (not needed though), murder weapon, crime scene, or witnesses. They proved nothing other than she was partying after her daughter was dead and she lied to the cops. I believe she was involved with her daughter's death but the prosecutors totally screwed the pooch! They overcharged what they could prove.

Cheers,

Tons

I called it weeks ago. It has nothing to do with evidence (or lack thereof). She simply has too much publicity, and is too famous, to be convicted. You don't even need money any longer to be above the law - simply being famous gets you a free ride.

I hope she doesn't have any more children in the future.

Saw the defense team statement after the trial. The one with the beard really admonished the media and lawyers who had appeared on the meadia commenting on the trial, literally offering opinions and judgements for the last 3 years. Unfortunately the gentleman was correct.

Why should the media make such a spectacle of such a horrible event for years before the trial and during the trial on a national and even international basis, when a murder trial is a state, really local event and should be treated as such without outside pressure. It makes you wonder how anyone can possibly have a truly unbiased untainted jury!!

I did some quick research, and found she can only get 1 year in prison and a$1000 fine for the charge(s) of providing false information, I suppose one sentance per charge.

The court of public opinion had already put the noose over head. Apparently the jury were swayed somehow though.

It sure looks to me like so many other cases of american "justice" - the slightly-cute sociopaths usually get off light.

I did some quick research, and found she can only get 1 year in prison and a$1000 fine for the charge(s) of providing false information, I suppose one sentance per charge.

She won't spend another day in jail after Thursday. She'll be sentenced to time served, and then rake in millions from interviews and book deals.

Yes, unfortunately, this is true. The media should quit sensationalizing tragic events like this. I was also nauseated seeing squealing people running through the courthouse trying to get seats to this trial, and later skirmishes outside the courthouse for seats. I would've been sickened to have to serve on this jury and it is a sad testament to our society that there are people who revel in being involved in such a thing.
I doubt she will get the year in prison. Maybe a fine and released with time served.

O.J. Redux. The defense team threw enough b.s. into the mix so the jury would not convict beyond a reasonable doubt. As a retired attorney with more than 50 years experience I learned that you can never tell what a jury will do. I have seen more crazy verdicts than I care to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom