What's new

Guess what I just saw.

Wet-shaving is coming out of the shadows. The longer the Depression lasts the more people will be coming over to the lower-cost, more sustainable options that we already know about.

Get your blades now before the prices rise!

Wet-shaving is coming out of the shadows. The longer the Depression lasts the more people will be coming over to the lower-cost, more sustainable options that we already know about.

Considering the huge amounts of money so many of us (myself included) spent on razors, brushes, and soaps each year I'd say it's a hard stretch to make a connection between DE shaving and the recession. Those who are sick of paying outlandish prices for cartridges are far more likely to switch to lower-priced generic blades or disposables (and use them far longer) than switch to a method of shaving that requires far more time and effort. There are many, many, many easier ways to save money than switching than DE shaving. :001_smile:

They're playing all the time on the MLB network. I have to admit it made me want to use my DE more.
Maybe since Barbasol dosen't sell razors they went with a DE.
Showing a Fusion or Hydro would just be free advertising for the other goo-peddlers.

Last edited:
I think it is absolutely wonderful. While I agree with Raisindot that the majority would just look for generic cartridges, there is a bit of hope we can make a dent. When the renaissance in trad shaving got rolling about eight years ago, one of the most common posts you would see from newbies went mostly like this; I am tried of paying three and four dollars apiece for these stinking Mach 3 and Quattro cartridges. I am thinking of using my dad(or grandad's in some cases) old Gillette DE to save some money. Where can I buy blades? It got even louder when the five blade Gillette monstrosities came out but the Quattro broke the camel's back for costs. Saying that I certainly hope that Barbasol has taken a cue from B&B and other forums that there is a market for traditional shaving products. Heck, I cannot recall the last time I saw a Barbasol commercial of any kind. Let alone some with DE razors in them.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom