What's new

Hands down my favorite soap....

Proraso sensitive in the white tub. Lathers like crazy and provides the smoothest and most comfortable shave of the 10-15 soaps/creams in my rotation.

If anyone has sensitive or bumpy skin like me I highly suggest you give this soap a try. :001_smile

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Yeah, it performs well, you're right. I just wish it didn't contain the foaming surfactant SLS or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which strips oils from the skin and hair. Lots of chemicals in white Proraso for something aimed at the "ultra sensitive skin" market. I'm trying to move away from all products containing this stuff.

I like the scent, too. :001_unsur

MWF, Monsavon, Pre de Provence, three of my top soaps (unless the Italians count, those are up there, too...who am I kidding? i can't pick just one).

Lots of chemicals in white Proraso for something aimed at the "ultra sensitive skin" market. I'm trying to move away from all products containing this stuff.

I noticed that, too. My guess is that something with very few ingredients, like MdC, would be best for sensitive skin. I like white Proraso, but simply taking out eucalypyus and adding aloe doesn't necessarily make it good for sensitive skin, or at least not for everyone's sensitive skin.

I have emptied a couple of tubs of Proraso white with only positive things to say about it. It lathers about as well as anything I use. With a kidney bean of Proraso cream squeezed into the scuttle, the soap blossoms as a phenomenal super-lather. Me, I run into problems using heavy duty tallow soaps. A couple of tallow shaves and I start getting an itch.

Since the hot weather moved in (some time around March here in Texas) the Aloe and Green Tea replaced Taylor's Sandalwood as my go to soap. I use it maybe four out of five shaves. The tub is a couple of years old and even though it's a "soft soap" I've barely put a dent in it.
It's nice and refreshing. It preforms well. I didn't realize it was for "sensitive skin". I just ran upstairs and checked and yep, it says "Ultra Sensitive Skin". It's good stuff; I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom