What's new

Announcement

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Badger and Blade has gone through some tremendous changes recently. Unless you've been on a desert island somewhere, you're probably aware of the Software upgrade as well as the hardware upgrade which has allowed us to surf this great forum with blazing speed.

There are other changes in store for B&B as well, a slick new user interface specifically designed for us that projects the image of what B&B is;

THE premier site for all your Gentlemanly needs.

In keeping with the spirit of the changes that have, and will occur, you will notice another change.

There are no more "Filtered Vendors".

After considerable discussion and deliberation it has been decided that Badger and Blade will no longer filter the name of businesses or Vendors.

Members are free to discuss any of the products that they have purchased from these previously Filtered Names.

B&B has a long history of being the place to discuss everything shaving related, and in keeping with that ideal we thought this was the best move going forward.

Please note that Vendors or Members who have been previously banned from participating at B&B do NOT have a status change, they are still banned Vendors or Members.

As always - Fanboyism is never appreciated regardless of the source, and this aspect of B&B will remain unchanged.

I'd like to thank the ownership for continuously trying to make B&B a better place.

Last edited:
Interesting news indeed. I've often wondered who some of those vendors are.
Oh, and it should make things in the Darkroom forum move along smoother.

I'm new to B&B and forum posting in general. What is "Fanboyism"? Thinking your brand or style is the only valid one or something like that???

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm new to B&B and forum posting in general. What is "Fanboyism"? Thinking your brand or style is the only valid one or something like that???

Usually signified by one or more folks who repeatedly post in the same thread defending or promoting a particular Vendor or a product from a company.
Might sometimes appear as multiple thread starts by folks for the same reason.

Example;
Bob shaver: "XXX ships really fast and their prices are great"
Bob shaver "by the way, XXX has great prices and they ship fast"
Bob shaver "I had a great experience with XXX - they shipped really fast and have the best prices"

Ok - we got it the first time you said it, repeated posts doesn't validate your point - repeated posts makes it suspicious.

It's obvious when it is done for promotional reasons and not as a brand of humor as is usually the case with Bug Spray Williams Shaving Soap, Cat Pee Lilac Vegetal, or just plain stinking Arko.

P

Pjotr

That's great news. I always thought the filtering thing was very un-B&B-like and I'm glad it's gone. Commendable decision.

Great news! I 100% agree with banning vendors that lack the couth required to participate but I always felt that forbidding even the mention of their name was a bit facist.

+10,000 on the server upgrades. I am really adapting to the new look quite well! Thanks, as always, to the people who keep B&B running!

Will there be a way to 'identify' the banned vendors. Not that there was a clear cut way of identifying vendors before but if I usually found something on the web I would look it up on B&B. If I got no hits bc it was filtered I wouldn't bother looking at that vendors website. Hope I'm making sense.

I understand how this applies to companies that product various shaving products, but does this also apply to vendors who have wronged members in the past? (such as not fulfilling orders, swindling money, etc)

I understand how this applies to companies that product various shaving products, but does this also apply to vendors who have wronged members in the past? (such as not fulfilling orders, swindling money, etc)

And don't forget ex-wifes!

-jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Seems like this covers it

"Please note that Vendors or Members who have been previously banned from participating at B&B do NOT have a status change, they are still banned Vendors or Members"

Unless you neglected to ban the ex-wife ..

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

I certainly won't be personally recommending people who have been banned here, but that doesn't mean that they can't be mentioned in one way or another.
Being banned didn't put people in the filtered group. There are plenty of banned vendors and members who are discussed on a regular basis.
All this does is remove the automatic filter that prevents their name from being typed on the forum.
It merely moves the folks who were previously filtered into the same camp as those who were banned, but NOT filtered.

THis is really good news! While I understood the intent behind the filters, it always seemed a bit draconian. I agree, we don't want to give any signal boost to unscrupulous businesses, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons for discussing them, and filtering out their names did more to harm our members than it did to protect them (imo of course).

Top Bottom