What's new

New member to forum

Hi, my name is Dave and my father in-law recently got me into DE shaving and have been using a EJ fine tip brush, two super speed razors and shaving cream. Having a hard time with soaps due to sensitive skin on the neck but really look forward to learning more about DE shaving.:001_smile:001_smile

Welcome!

Are the soaps causing problems on application like a skin reaction? Or is it an issue with how the soap lather is performing and consequently the shave is irritating your neck?

Hey Dave! Glad you found us, joined, and posted! Lots to read here that will help your new shaving hobby. Have fun!

Welcome to the website! I have problems with my neck too and found that basic cream lathers work the best, as well as perfecting a good technique that only shaves to a DFS level, never BBS on my neck. Proraso seems to work well, but I have found that simple old school creams such as Palmolive or Fauldings is king for no chemical irritation.

Hi Dave, its Dave. Welcome to the group. Neck areas are very common on this site. The best advice I can give you is to map your beard growth, meaning dont shave for 2 days and see what direction the hair grown in and then shave with the grain (WTG) in that direction. I just mapped my beard growth 2 weeks ago and NO ingrown hairs since.

Welcome to my world, Dave. It looks liked you have a generous group of helpful and knowledgeable friends already. PaPa

Welcome to B&B. Don't forget to take a look at the wikis on this site. The one on lather is particularly helpful.

And here is a good post that will help you on blade angle.

Top Bottom