What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, allow me to kick this thread off with a few pictures ....

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 24mm Morris & Forndran, 2-band Silvertip Badger (Bone Handle)
Razor: 13/16" Toyo "Special Razor" Frameback, Swedish "Asaab" Steel, Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point
Honing Regimen: Naniwa 1k, Shapton Pro 1k/2k/5k/12k, Y/G Escher
Strop: 40/60 laps (Neil Miller linen / SRD Premium IV leather)
Überlather: La Toja "Manantiales" Shave Soap
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: La Toja "Manantiales" AS
Cologne: La Toja "Manantiales" EdC
Results: I recently score this beautiful NOS Toyo from eBay and I am in love :001_wub:. Although she's advertized as a full hollow, I think based on her singing that she is an extra hollow. She took an incredible edge using the honing regimen outlined above. Smooth as butter
proxy.php
. What a way to start this Friday
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a STUPENDOUS Friday Gentlemen
proxy.php

Merkur Futur
with red Personna (3)
Semogue 820
Van der Hagen SS
Geoffrey Beene`s Grey Flannel AS
Patchouli EdT

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

I apologize for the delay this week. :sad:
Thanks...

PRE-SHAVE I - Shower
PRE-SHAVE II - Proraso "Crema Pre Barba... com olio di Eucalipto e Mentolo"

BRUSH - Semogue "SOC" 2 Band 2011 Edition
SOAP - D.R. Harris "Arlinghton"
BOWL - Scwarzweisskeramik XL-Scuttle
BLADE - Gillette Platinum 2@
RAZOR - MUHLE "R107"

finish...

AFTER SHAVE I - Astringent Thayers "Aloe Vera"
AFTER SHAVE II - Balm "O Melhor"

proxy.php

Santa Maria Novella // Vielong EL 2010 // Aristocrat N.21 // Thayers // Wiliams Sport

proxy.php

Good weekend to all :001_smile

• Pre-shave: Shower and Myrsol Emulsion
  • Brush: Semogue SOC 2-band
  • Razor: Friodur 8/8
  • Strop: Illinois 827, excellent and affordable strop.Did 25/50 linen/leather
  • Soap: Cella
  • Post-shave: Alum, Myrsol Forumla K for the menthol blast, Truefitt 1805 ASB and finished with a splash of Clubman for the awesome scent :)
  • Result: Awesome shave, much more confident with the 8/8 today even if I got a little nick. Maybe my best straight shave so far!

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-07-02

Penhaligon's English Fern Soap // Morris & Fordran // IBERIA BASSAT 7/8 // Thayers // Penhaligon's English Fern EDT

proxy.php

Sunday, 3.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Trueffit & Hill Luxury soap
7 O'Clock
Gillette Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

proxy.php

Photo dedicated to my friend David :001_smile

Miltchell´s Wool Fat // Aristocrat 21/Polisilver // Shavemac D01 Dos Bandas // Thayers // Floïd Blue

proxy.php

Simpson Chubby 1
C.V. Heljestrand 924FL
Cella
Musgo Real​

proxy.php

I've had this strange little razor a while, but haven't honed it until today.
The steel was just as hard as expected, took me about 45 minutes on the La Grise Coti to get it right. With that said, this is the first razor I hone completly on the coti, from bevel to finish.
It is a strange little razor, the scales are made of stainless steel, and the blade is 4/8 and between 2 and 2 1/2 " long.
Nonetheless, she gave me a extremly smooth and comfortable shave (as expected from a Heljestrand).​

That's the way to kick of the weekly theme :thumbup1:

Merkur 34C HD
Feather
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Kent Shaving Soap
Alum Block
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

Excellent choice of travel gear and a great shot of it :001_smile

Monday, 4.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1305
Nanny's Silly Soaps The Spicy One
Mühle R89
Gillette Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo Riparatore

proxy.php

Just another lovely shot Emanuel!!

Already on vacation and have been for a week :001_smile
this weeks theme is kind of easy :wink2:

Monday

Ikea Bowl
Foroafeitado/Shavemac D01
Gillette Mono Tech with 7 o'clock SharpEdge

Kent Shaving Soap
Proraso After Shave

Have a nice day, Gentlemen

proxy.php

Your shaves don't suffer much from travelling Søren, great :thumbup1:

Cyril R Salter lavander~chubby canica / Filarmonica sub-cero / ASB La Toja

proxy.php

Beautiful shot Jorge!
I get a very calm feeling of this.

Gillette Red Tip/Gillette Super Stainless blade/Burma Soap/Ever ready 150 with HH#6/Aqua Velva​
View attachment 180358
I have to work this am, so it's an early start for me. I haven't used my SS's in a while. The Shave offered up by the Red Tip made me remember why it's my favorite SS. Three gentle passes while I'm still half asleep leaving me almost BBS. The Aqua Velva was the perfect finish. A great Red, White and Blue shave for independence day.

Gentlemen, Have a wonderful holiday.

Great red, white and blue theme!

Myrsol // Mug Victoriana // Colgate palmolive // Vie-Long AC 021// Ever Ready Streamline + Gem #1 // Alum toni's way // Lumoncello // Thayers original //Floid Balm

proxy.php

Beautiful bright colors Doc :001_smile

Muhle Stylo Butterscotch razor
Shark SS
Dior "Eau Savage" shaving cream
Muhle Stylo Butterscotch silvertip
Lotion Opaline de Chantelle
Dior "Eau Savage" Edt

Best regards
Miguel

This is a fantastic picture Miguel, straight into my top ten list of SOTD shots :thumbup:

Independence Day Shave

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 24mm Morris & Forndran, 2-band Blonde Badger
Maxterpiece: 7/8" Novelty "1879", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (Ebony scales + yellow wedge)
Honing Regimen: Naniwa 1k, Shapton 1k/2k, Coticule La Grosse Blanche (Dilucot), Nakayama Maruka Kiita/Asagi hybrid JNat w/ slurry (tomonagura).
Strop: 5/10 laps (Torolf linen / SRD Premium IV leather)
Überlather: Al's Da Bomb "Cloves/Orange/Cinnamon" Shave creme
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
Aftershave Balm:
Al's "Spicy Orange" ASB
Results: Sorry guys, no travel kits for me. An early morning shave for me. Today is Independence day and what better way to celebrate it than with one of my Maxterpieces and Al's Shaving creme. So, I took out the Novelty which Max had done in beautiful ebony wood. Even though this blade was honed to satisfaction by yours truly, I wanted to try something a bit novel. I have recently found myself in a love affair with my Kiita'Asagi JNat :001_wub:...She produces an edge that rivals the best of the best in Japanese stones (I think). Between the bevel setting (with the Naniwa/Shaptons) and the JNat, I inserted a Coticule regimen to cover the middle range of the stones (e.g., ~5k-10k). The edge then visited the Asagi/Kiita Honzan with 3 nagura progressions. And the end result was a super nice, sharp and ultra smooth edge
proxy.php
. Al's bomb produced a luxuriously thick and moist lather that I have come to really love and rely on. There's no guessing game with this one...Once you find her sweet spot, it's hard to find anything else that can beat this stuff in performance
proxy.php
. The final piece de resistance came from Al's Spicy Orange AS balm. This stuff is like no other...A super moisturizing creme that goes on without irritation. Another great day for sure. BBS and irritation free
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a FANTASTIC 4th of July Monday (to those of us that celebrate it) Gentlemen
proxy.php
. Be safe and have fun.

View attachment 180370

There is something with this shot that really speaks to me, lovely Robert!

Martin de Candre // Sub Cero // Omega // Thayers // Mysol Agua Balsamica

proxy.php

Nothing wrong with this travel gear, excellent shot!

I don't have much traveling planned, but here's what I'd take, and it's what I used for todays shave:

• Pre-shave: Hot water on face, quick lather on face for a couple minutes, then full face lathering.
  • Brush: $10 Omega 00065, which I forgot to include in the photograph haha. It's inexpensive, but reliable and nice.
  • Razor: Feather Artist Club SS.
  • Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild
  • Soap: Cella! The red tub is a handy travel size.
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block, which is also used for increased grip with the razor and when stretching my skin. 444 ASB and the trusty old Clubman.

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-07-04

Tired of the Friodur already? :lol:

See you took advantage of the sun today, great!!

My Independence Day Shave:

Grandfather's Gillette Slim
Grandfather's brush (restored by Rudy)
English Fern SS

For Independence Day I decided to beat this English soap into submission with my American brush and then cast it from my face with my American razor, not unlike the British from our shores. Finished it off with some Old Spice AS to class it up a bit...nothing more American than Old Spice :001_tongu

I also wanted to honor my grandfather who was a veteran on WW2 and also passed away 6 years ago this past Saturday.

P.S. Thanks for the best soap ever, England.

Ben

Simple, yet elegant!

It's something special to shave with the grear your ancestors used :001_smile

Merkur Vintage threepart OC
with Laser ultra
H.L. Thäter 49125/1
Palmolive SC
Mennen AS

proxy.php

Perfect as always Erwin!

Love the red/green white :001_smile

Mühle R106+Shark, New Forest Tubby 2, Nanny's green tea&eucalyptus, Osage rub, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

proxy.php

Fantastic Josè, nobody takes horizon shots like you!

proxy.php

beautiful composition and photo Luis :thumbup:

Not my shave of the day, but I had the image ready. Using my travel brush container for the Palmolive stick. Two tiny bottles of Proraso splash and balm, just enough for a week's worth of wetshaving.

proxy.php

With that gear, I would just be tempted to spontaneously plan a travel anywhere :001_tt2:. Nice kit :thumbup:

I don't have much traveling planned, but here's what I'd take, and it's what I used for todays shave:

• Pre-shave: Hot water on face, quick lather on face for a couple minutes, then full face lathering.
  • Brush: $10 Omega 00065, which I forgot to include in the photograph haha. It's inexpensive, but reliable and nice.
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block, which is also used for increased grip with the razor and when stretching my skin. 444 ASB and the trusty old Clubman.

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-07-04

Nice travel gear Amund :thumbup:. Make me want to go get some too. I don't have specific travel kit(s)

My Independence Day Shave:

Grandfather's Gillette Slim
Grandfather's brush (restored by Rudy)
English Fern SS

For Independence Day I decided to beat this English soap into submission with my American brush and then cast it from my face with my American razor, not unlike the British from our shores. Finished it off with some Old Spice AS to class it up a bit...nothing more American than Old Spice :001_tongu

I also wanted to honor my grandfather who was a veteran on WW2 and also passed away 6 years ago this past Saturday.

P.S. Thanks for the best soap ever, England.

Ben

Ben,
Those two are very good allies. Nice choice. My condolences on your grandfather's passing 6 years ago, but he would have been proud of this shave for sure. Well done :thumbup:

Merkur Vintage threepart OC
with Laser ultra
H.L. Thäter 49125/1
Palmolive SC
Mennen AS

proxy.php

Wowww Erwin...That's your travel gear? I am impressed buddy :thumbup:

Mühle R106+Shark, New Forest Tubby 2, Nanny's green tea&eucalyptus, Osage rub, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

proxy.php

José,
Now, that's what I would call "traveling with style" :thumbup:. You are a true gentleman with discerning taste my friend :ouch1:

Simpson Berkeley
E.A.Berg 5/8 Wedge
Palmolive Stick
La Toja ASB

proxy.php

Nice gear Rune :thumbup:

A terrible picture as I am away from home and used my phone, but being that my Dopp Kit is one of my prized possessions, I just had to post today...

Vintage Merkur Slant w/ Gillette 7 O'clock SS
Omega "Mighty Midget" (in Colgate Shave Stick tin)
Palmolive Shave Stick (in another Colgate shave stick tin)
Aquva Velva Classic Ice Blue

proxy.php

Nice going Mark :thumbup1:

My travel kit fits in my pocket, depends where I'm going to? If I take blades or not, if the latter then i buy when i arrive at my destination.
With blades.
proxy.php

Without blades.
proxy.php

Nice shave gear.

Monday 07-04-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Feather #2 - Pre Myrsol emulsión - TABAC shaving soap - Alum locke - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

proxy.php

Super duper nice :thumbup:

Nice gear :thumbup:. Wetshaver tested, teddy bear approved :001_smile

Merkur 34C HD
Feather
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
La Toja Jabon de Afeitar stick
Alum Block
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

Rock & Roll David. I guess you are packed and ready to go :thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

proxy.php

As always a stunning masterpiece, Luis! :001_wub: And, regarding the weekly theme, it does hit the nail on the head! :thumbup1:

P.S. I'm very curious about the unscented version of Martin de Candre, my friend. I have the regular soap and love its scent and, obviously, also its performance. Does the unscented soap have a light smell of something or is it totally unscented?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-07-04

Beautiful "sunny" shot, Blix!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

proxy.php

The superior part of the glass bottle reflecting the sky is simply a "touch of class", Josè!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A terrible picture as I am away from home and used my phone, but being that my Dopp Kit is one of my prized possessions, I just had to post today...

Vintage Merkur Slant w/ Gillette 7 O'clock SS
Omega "Mighty Midget" (in Colgate Shave Stick tin)
Palmolive Shave Stick (in another Colgate shave stick tin)
Aquva Velva Classic Ice Blue

proxy.php

Mark, this photo is so beautiful...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My travel kit fits in my pocket, depends where I'm going to? If I take blades or not, if the latter then i buy when i arrive at my destination.
With blades.
proxy.php

Without blades.
proxy.php

Great shots, KM! And thanks for posting both options (with and witout blades)!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Merkur 34C HD
Feather
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
La Toja Jabon de Afeitar stick
Alum Block
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

A stunning pic with all high quality items, David! :wink2:

P.S. My wife wholeheartedly loves the Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave and the Dior Fahrenheit EdT. :001_wub:

As always a stunning masterpiece, Luis! :001_wub: And, regarding the weekly theme, it does hit the nail on the head! :thumbup1:

P.S. I'm very curious about the unscented version of Martin de Candre, my friend. I have the regular soap and love its scent and, obviously, also its performance. Does the unscented soap have a light smell of something or is it totally unscented?

Gazie Marco !! martin Candre this is exactly how the other has a slight smell like the other version, but much softer :001_smile

Tuesday, 5.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Kimson Vu Silvertip
Boots Cool Cologne
Mühle R89
Gillette Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
RSC Daily Soothing Balm

proxy.php

Proraso pre + proraso~omega / Poker play 6/8 / ASL Floïd

proxy.php

PREP: Hot shower w/ conditioner in the beard
BRUSH: Simpsons Chubby 2
SOAP/CREAM: Martin de Candre Shaving Soap
RAZOR: 8/8 Max Sprecher French Point in Mokume Gane
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #30000
TONER: Thayer's Lavender
AS: Sabon
EdT: Sigilli Athunis
RESULT: I hadn't shaved since last Friday! The MdC felt so incredible as the luxurious Chubby massaged it into the whiskers. I took an extra bit of time this morning with this step and it paid off with a thick coating of lather that made my face look like it had doubled in volume. The Maxtom did it's incredible work with aplomb! After the first pass I was most decidedly BBS, but I had so much lather and was enjoying the luxury so much that I had to go for two more passes. I knew the Maxtom had done an unrivaled job when my ear to nose pass (which is normally my most delicate pas) was dead silent--there was no stubble to be found even by this most capable of razors! I rounded it out with some Sabon and the exquisite scent of Vetiver and Cedar! Man am I feeling good!!!

[/Table]
proxy.php

Tuesday

Ikea Bowl
Vie-Long 2-band
Merkur 34G with 7 o'clock SharpEdge

Proraso Shaving Soap (menthol)
Scottish Fine Soaps Classic After Shave Balm

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Recycled Photo of my travel kit-
40's SS
Palmolive Stick
Modified Tweezerman

proxy.php

Soap Dr Harris Arlington // JMP Medallon Taurino // Simpson DUKE 3 // Aftershave Milk Arlington

proxy.php

Gillette Black Handle
with Rotbart extra dünn
Hans Baier 21er Silvertip
Williams SC
Goffrey Beene`s Grey Flannel AS

proxy.php

Beautiful shots and shaves gentlemen :thumbup::thumbup:. Every day you seem to outdo yourselves :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom