What's new

TRAVEL KITS, SOTD "themed week" July 4th - July 10th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Summer is here and many of us already are (or will soon be) on vacation! :001_cool: Therefore it's time to show the shaving tools you have brought (or intend to bring) with you! :wink2: In other words simply post the finest pics you can produce with your beloved travel kits! :thumbup: And, as always, have fun! :001_smile

proxy.php

Merkur 34C HD
Feather
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Kent Shaving Soap
Alum Block
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

Monday, 4.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1305
Nanny's Silly Soaps The Spicy One
Mühle R89
Gillette Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo Riparatore

proxy.php

Monday

C.V. Heljestrand faux frameback
Simpson Duke 3 in Best (custom 50mm loft)
Speick shave cream
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave balm

proxy.php

Already on vacation and have been for a week :001_smile
this weeks theme is kind of easy :wink2:

Monday

Ikea Bowl
Foroafeitado/Shavemac D01
Gillette Mono Tech with 7 o'clock SharpEdge

Kent Shaving Soap
Proraso After Shave

Have a nice day, Gentlemen

proxy.php

Gillette Red Tip/Gillette Super Stainless blade/Burma Soap/Ever ready 150 with HH#6/Aqua Velva​
$a4ht2011sotd.jpg
I have to work this am, so it's an early start for me. I haven't used my SS's in a while. The Shave offered up by the Red Tip made me remember why it's my favorite SS. Three gentle passes while I'm still half asleep leaving me almost BBS. The Aqua Velva was the perfect finish. A great Red, White and Blue shave for independence day.

Gentlemen, Have a wonderful holiday.

Gillette Fusion Proglide
La Roche-Posay Lipikar moisturizing face soap
Clarins Pré-Shaving Oil
Omega Shaving Cream mixed with Gillette Proglide Shaving Gel
Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Eucerin After Shave Balm
NewPeptin Cosmeceuticals Men’s Eye Contour Cream
Clinique M Protect SPF 21
Eau de Toilette : MAZZOLARI PATCHOULY

proxy.php
proxy.php

Myrsol // Mug Victoriana // Colgate palmolive // Vie-Long AC 021// Ever Ready Streamline + Gem #1 // Alum toni's way // Lumoncello // Thayers original //Floid Balm

proxy.php

Monday evening:

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Leon Super Stainless (2)
Cream: TOBS St James
Brush: SR 3824
A/S: Adidas Deep Energy
ASB: Gaia Organic

No shave today as there is some family staying in the house and I plan on rushing a shave to free up the bathroom. I'll skip shaving until they leave - which is Wednesday night I think.

Independence Day!

Merkur 15C Open-Comb,
Personna Red Pack Blade,
Rooney 1/1 Best Badger Brush,
Arko shave soap w/ hot water lather,
Cold water rinse, finish w/ Thayers
Original Witch Hazel. CCS!

Muhle Stylo Butterscotch razor
Shark SS
Dior "Eau Savage" shaving cream
Muhle Stylo Butterscotch silvertip
Lotion Opaline de Chantelle
Dior "Eau Savage" Edt

Best regards
Miguel

Independence Day Shave

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 24mm Morris & Forndran, 2-band Blonde Badger
Maxterpiece: 7/8" Novelty "1879", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (Ebony scales + yellow wedge)
Honing Regimen: Naniwa 1k, Shapton 1k/2k, Coticule La Grosse Blanche (Dilucot), Nakayama Maruka Kiita/Asagi hybrid JNat w/ slurry (tomonagura).
Strop: 5/10 laps (Torolf linen / SRD Premium IV leather)
Überlather: Al's Da Bomb "Cloves/Orange/Cinnamon" Shave creme
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
Aftershave Balm:
Al's "Spicy Orange" ASB
Results: Sorry guys, no travel kits for me. An early morning shave for me. Today is Independence day and what better way to celebrate it than with one of my Maxterpieces and Al's Shaving creme. So, I took out the Novelty which Max had done in beautiful ebony wood. Even though this blade was honed to satisfaction by yours truly, I wanted to try something a bit novel. I have recently found myself in a love affair with my Kiita'Asagi JNat :001_wub:...She produces an edge that rivals the best of the best in Japanese stones (I think). Between the bevel setting (with the Naniwa/Shaptons) and the JNat, I inserted a Coticule regimen to cover the middle range of the stones (e.g., ~5k-10k). The edge then visited the Asagi/Kiita Honzan with 3 nagura progressions. And the end result was a super nice, sharp and ultra smooth edge
proxy.php
. Al's bomb produced a luxuriously thick and moist lather that I have come to really love and rely on. There's no guessing game with this one...Once you find her sweet spot, it's hard to find anything else that can beat this stuff in performance
proxy.php
. The final piece de resistance came from Al's Spicy Orange AS balm. This stuff is like no other...A super moisturizing creme that goes on without irritation. Another great day for sure. BBS and irritation free
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a FANTASTIC 4th of July Monday (to those of us that celebrate it) Gentlemen
proxy.php
. Be safe and have fun.

$Fourth_of_July.jpg

Kiehl's Close Shavers Shaving Formula 1-O
Mulcuto slant
Supermax Stainless
Arko soap/Figaro P. 160 tipo morbido
Bock 10 (badger)
Bloc d'alun Osma
Tüff sensitiv Rasierwasser

Not my shave of the day, but I had the image ready. Using my travel brush container for the Palmolive stick. Two tiny bottles of Proraso splash and balm, just enough for a week's worth of wetshaving.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom