What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

A Mont blanc 130 and a Snorkel both restored and are both due to arrive soon

I'm not familiar with the Mont Blanc 130....could you post a picture in the acquistion thread when you get it? Enjoy your pens...I really enjoy the Snorkels that I have had...what fun pens (to use, not restore:laugh:)

I'm not familiar with the Mont Blanc 130....could you post a picture in the acquistion thread when you get it? Enjoy your pens...I really enjoy the Snorkels that I have had...what fun pens (to use, not restore:laugh:)
haha yes i have one unrestored Snorkel it works great as a dip pen, heres the 320( NOT 130 sorry I had a typo haha) it was a student pen maybe early 1970's , It's sentimental for me i got one for my 21st from a girlfriend at the time and promptly misplaced it ,but it was a great writer for me .Here's a small picture
$1361.jpg

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just pulled the trigger on a Platinum 3776 Century with soft/fine nib and two Iroshizuku 15ml three bottle sets.

I'm anxiously awaiting the 2015 Edison Group buy Mina. Recent blog posts have alluded to this project wrapping up and shipping in the next few weeks :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm anxiously awaiting the 2015 Edison Group buy Mina. Recent blog posts have alluded to this project wrapping up and shipping in the next few weeks :)

This wasn't a B&B Group Buy, was it? :blink:

Same here. I have four of the full sized bottles, so after my order arrives, I'll only have 14 more to try!

I also have four of their 50ml bottles and samples of 4 others. Looks like you'll be two ahead of me once you try out your new ones. If I would have know about that site that you mentioned a couple of months ago, at those prices, I probably would have full bottles of half the collection by now.

Nice choices. I haven't tried an ink in that line that I haven't enjoyed.
My favorite ink line. Best PERFORMING ink I've ever tried. Makes pens write better. Waterman is somewhat like it, some Herbin inks are somewhat like it, but not quite. Iro is like liquid silk. I'd own the entire line if I could.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My favorite ink line. Best PERFORMING ink I've ever tried. Makes pens write better. Waterman is somewhat like it, some Herbin inks are somewhat like it, but not quite. Iro is like liquid silk. I'd own the entire line if I could.

Two or three of their inks that I've tried I thought I wouldn't like beforehand. But they all ended up being winners in my book. J Herbin inks I really like for their wetness and shading qualities. I haven't tried Waterman inks, yet.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
"Iro is like liquid silk. I'd own the entire line if I could."

I intend too eventually, at least the 15 ml versions.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A few Platinum Preppy's (just to have on hand or to use as throw around/ giveaway pens). Plus, a bottle of Diamine ink, a handful of Pilot and Platinum converters, a couple different bottles of J Herbin inks, and another bottle of Noodler's ink.

Top Bottom