What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

Scored what might be a Parker Slimfold from the UK.
Also, a Duofold in red, 1940's era.

EDIT: on further inspection of the pictures, the UK Parker is a Duofold.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I put a bid in for this pen earlier today and apparently I won. It looks like it could possibly be a Balance. Does anyone know for sure?

Yep, Sheaffer Vac-Fill Balance, looks like the smaller size in carmine red striated, 4 3/4" with radius clip. Puts it in the late 1930s. Probably won't fill without a $35 repair unless you're really lucky. Looks good with its two-tone clip.

Fleabay ; ) :001_tt1:

I just snatched up a Waterman Expert 2 Blue and Gold Tone Medium nib. 49.99 Seller states that the customer returned it the same day he got it cuz he wanted to upgrade to a better model. So It was tested at most. No scratches its basically new.

My wait is over. Got my #37 Edison Nouveau Premiere Limited Edition today. It's a gorgeous pen with great workmanship. I could not be more pleased. Given the nature of postal deliveries I have to wait until tomorrow for my ink delivery. I will post photos (if my photographic abilities allow me to capture this pen in its true colors) and a review after a have a chance to spend a couple of days with it. I 'm looking forward to this!

Here are a couple of photos of my new Edison Nouveau Premiere Limited Edition. The overall appearance of the pen at a glance seems to be black but in light the blue streaks clearly show. I am very pleased with this pen.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Here are a couple of photos of my new Edison Nouveau Premiere Limited Edition. The overall appearance of the pen at a glance seems to be black but in light the blue streaks clearly show. I am very pleased with this pen.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

:001_tt1:

Congratulations. I hope you will be able to keep your promise to one pen :wink2:

At first I couldn't get it to write that well at all. With a flush and a couple pages of writing, it's much better, but still pretty dry. No issues with skipping anymore, though.

I had a bad ink flow problem with lots of skipping .. I had to disassemble the pen and take nib assembly and feeder tube out and run in the ultrasonic for a few mins. Now it works fine.

strop

Now half as wise
I pulled the trigger on a Laban Mento. Haven't seen much about them so I'll let you know how things go.

Mark

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I pulled the trigger on a Laban Mento. Haven't seen much about them so I'll let you know how things go.

Mark
Those are some nice looking pens and they're huge. How did you ever decide on the color?

strop

Now half as wise
Those are some nice looking pens and they're huge. How did you ever decide on the color?

Coin flip. Seriously, it was a tough choice. There's enough variation, that if it writes well, I can always go back for another. I have a lot of black pens, so decided to go for some color. I'm hoping there's a package waiting when I get home.

Mark

Top Bottom