What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

That Equipose in your picture is a lever-filler, Kyle. Nice pens, they were Wahl-Eversharp's immediate answer to Sheaffer's Balance.

I'm sure you'll love it even if it doesn't have a piston, congrats!

Thanks for the correction -- I'm still learning the lingo!

I assume you just crank the lever up/down to load ink? How do you know when this type of pen is full?

I assume you just crank the lever up/down to load ink? How do you know when this type of pen is full?
Submerge the pen in the ink so that the nib is completely covered. Pull the lever up and then let it down. Repeat 3 or 4 times and let the nib stay submerged for 10 seconds. That should give you a complete fill...or at least as complete as you're going to get.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Noodler's Konrad (resin body)
Nemosine Singularity 0.6 mm nib
Diamine Ancient Copper ink

This baby's in the post. I'd been looking for months for one and was tipped off to one with the exact specs I'd hoped for in the LE! Frothing at the mouth for the package to arrive! Pics and review to follow upon arrival!

$L061607107-1.jpg

:c17:

The USPS already ran today, and they didn't have my pen.

Also, I ordered a Rhodia Webnotebook that was supposed to arrive today from Amazon, but it is delayed also!

I guess it is a good thing I already have three other fountain pens, ink, notebooks, etc.!

This baby's in the post. I'd been looking for months for one and was tipped off to one with the exact specs I'd hoped for in the LE! Frothing at the mouth for the package to arrive! Pics and review to follow upon arrival!

View attachment 553125

Wow! That is beautiful.

My next pens are down the other end of the spectrum from your Visconti... Lamy Vista and the Lamy Al-Star Copper LE!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sweet! Having played with some of syngent's, I can say that, as nice as they show in pictures, they're even more transfixing in person.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Which color ... and will this be your first?

Charcoal with a fine nib. Technically, no, this is not my first. But, it's my first serious one. I purchased a fountain pen when I was about 10 years old and used it for a few years until it just became unpractical to use being that young.

Sheaffer PFM frankenpen (barrel of a III, cap of a V), Moore Fingertip in Wine Red, CS 74 (I think) with blue and gold marbling.

Just pulled the trigger on a KAWECO Dia 2 with a Medium Nib. Shipping from Deutschland, so I probably won't see it for a couple of weeks. I've been reading some excellent reviews of this pen and I like the looks!

$KAWECO Dia 2.jpg

Top Bottom