What's new

Your vote for worst cream ever?

Pre de Provence. It's the no lather, ultra feminine scent shaving cream. The lather is miserable and the scent smells like fresh linen out of the dryer.

Neutrogena's creams are great, they just aren't made for traditional wet shaving guy. If you have a problem with ingrown hairs or razor bumps, give their skin clearing cream a shot for a few days.

I like their products too. While they are no good for wetshaving, they make the best gooooo!

Cade cream (didn't know there was a "new" formula-to be fair haven't tried it) is utter garbage. Use it at your own risk. I'd shave with PLAIN HOT WATER before I used Cade again. And I thought it smelled wretched anyway.

Never tried Cade soap-which I understand from reading here is MUCH better than their cream. To me, anyone that puts out such a loathsome product, has lost all credibility-even if their other offerings are a much better product. FWIW.

Beerman

Provence Sante' shave cream. Brushless cream, no glide, no cushion, chemical-feminine smell. What I don't get is how a company that makes such a great soap can make such an awful cream; boggles the mind. Hated it so much, I tossed it after 5 tries with it. Would not PIF it, as I had no desire to inflict this product on someone else, that's how bad it was for me.

William's. Thin lather..just not great. However as it's been around since forever, I guess it must have some merit. I must say indeed there is credibility to the old Roman saying that
"...there is no disputing tastes." I rather like Kiehl's; I guess I'm a REAL minority

While I am sure it has its fans, I can just not get past the scent of the Godrej creams. The artificial synthetic scents just turn my stomach. It may perform well, but I just couldn't get past the scent.

Cremo wasn't much fun either. I bought for it to leave in my gym bag as it is a brushless, but the performance was just subpar to me.

I would add another vote for Cremo Cream. I enjoyed the scent but couldn't get it to lather much. In all fairness I probably didn't give it the chance it deserved before I tossed it.

Cremo is a non-lathering cream. I apply a thin layer directly to my face, and then face-lather with a favorite soap, such as MWF. I get the benefit of the great slickness of Cremo, plus the lathering and cushioning effect of the soap.

Good luck!

Codfish

Last edited:
I will add one more vote for the Shea butter crap. No lather so not so good.

I was going to take a trip to a store around me that sells L'Occitane, what should I look for to make sure it is the new formulation that lathers well?

I have to say Razorock XXX hit me today and I didn't enjoy the scent, though it isn't a bad cream and definitely not the worst.

I will add one more vote for the Shea butter crap. No lather so not so good.

I was going to take a trip to a store around me that sells L'Occitane, what should I look for to make sure it is the new formulation that lathers well?

I have to say Razorock XXX hit me today and I didn't enjoy the scent, though it isn't a bad cream and definitely not the worst.

AP,
are you in the US? I'll be happy to pif you a sample to try with your water before you plunk down that kind of cash... or I can post the ingredient list

I'd guess l'occitane would probably let you take home a little sample in a baggies too, if you have a local store.

I think the change occurred a couple years ago, so any product in a store/boutique should be the new.

Burt's Bees. Awful performance, great scent. Go figure.
Were you turned off to BB because it doesn't lather? Its not supposed to. But that doesn't stop it from giving me a great shave every time.

I like it for this time of year, because like you said, the scent is great. Its one of my first choices for traveling, too.

The Shea Butter is horrible and it is suppose to lather with a brush? I have to say I dont like SCS creams either as I get carpal tunnel attempting to lather it. It is a good product but it should be able to lather easier. Derby also gets a thumbs down. I wont knock any brushless creams as most do perform well if used correctly.

I have a decent selection of creams and Ingram is the most useless for me. Always a very thin lather and I get a good lather with most others.

Tried the Burt's Bees Bay Rum soap several times and ended up using it as a bath soap! Wilkinsons soap in the blue bowl didn't even gwt as far as the bath.

Gareth

Top Bottom