What's new

How long does a puck of Erasmic lasts?

If you use it every day, like I had to a couple of years back due to saving up like crazy for a morgate deposit, lasted me about 2 months. I got used to the smell and to be fair the soap itself isn't half bad.

If you use it every day, like I had to a couple of years back due to saving up like crazy for a morgate deposit, lasted me about 2 months. I got used to the smell and to be fair the soap itself isn't half bad.

Wondering how long it will last me. I like the soap, nice, fresh scent and close shave. As it is inexpensive, 2 months would make it very economical :thumbup:

Wondering how long it will last me. I like the soap, nice, fresh scent and close shave. As it is inexpensive, 2 months would make it very economical :thumbup:

Just had another good shave with it. I started this puck on july 1st, and will let you know when it's gone. I put the puck in a mug, as the tub is a bit flimsy. Brush is a Vie-long 12705 (23/57 horse)

Last edited:
Just got this stuff in. It performs miles better than the (new tallow) stick. I couldn't get a decent lather out of the stick to save my life, but the puck provides an abundant, protective lather. I'm surprised.

Just got this stuff in. It performs miles better than the (new tallow) stick. I couldn't get a decent lather out of the stick to save my life, but the puck provides an abundant, protective lather. I'm surprised.

I get very good shaves with it, but I can see a lot of the puck is gone now. Looks like it will last me some 2 or 3 weeks, not 2 months. I use the Italian Barbers method (aka Marco's method), so that could make up for using more soap. Also I switched brushes, as my beloved 12705 is shedding :crying:. Since 3 days I am using my Herban Cowboy boar, works just fine. In fact I get more lather now. The 12705 will give enough for 3 passes, the HC for 4.

I get very good shaves with it, but I can see a lot of the puck is gone now. Looks like it will last me some 2 or 3 weeks, not 2 months. I use the Italian Barbers method (aka Marco's method), so that could make up for using more soap. Also I switched brushes, as my beloved 12705 is shedding :crying:. Since 3 days I am using my Herban Cowboy boar, works just fine. In fact I get more lather now. The 12705 will give enough for 3 passes, the HC for 4.

As of today I am using a nos Erasmic boar brush. Nice little brush. Also gives enough for 4 passes.

As of today I am using a nos Erasmic boar brush. Nice little brush. Also gives enough for 4 passes.

Good luck with the Erasmic brush; make sure you leave it somewhere it can dry properly, they have a tendency to fall to bits if they're left wet.

Good luck with the Erasmic brush; make sure you leave it somewhere it can dry properly, they have a tendency to fall to bits if they're left wet.

The ones I have do not do that: they are nice brushes. But I have read about people complaining. Based on a photo on B&B I could see it is a different brush than mine. Mine are nos, but do not know how old.

Used an Erasmic puck/bowl (75 grams) this morning. Was wondering how long it will last. Experiences?

My puck is almost gone now, just a flimsy film on the bottom of the mug, can see the bottom almost everywhere. Tomorrow will be the last time, so 21 days is how long it lasted me.

Never tried the pick myself. Couldn't find them when I went looking a while back. I ended up grating two of the old taloow sticks into some Tupperware and it works well and see,s to last for ever! I'm not a fan of sticks except for one I keep for travel (a Palmolive)

Gareth

Top Bottom