What's new

Gillette FatBoy Problem...

Hello Everyone,

I have a Gillette Fatboy that has a problem with the TTO knob on the bottom. The TTO knob is fine when twisted closed; the doors close securely. When the TTO know is twisted open, it travels about 1/4" down from where it should be. When the knob is down the doors are closed but not locked. If you push up on the bottom of the knob when the TTO knob is in the open position, the knob travels back up the 1/4" and the doors on top push up and open. Is there an easy fix for this problem? The razor is still usable as it locks when the knob is in the closed position. I would just like to get it working correctly.

Easily fixable, or just use it as is?

thnaks for your help!

Legion

Staff member
I think I know what is wrong, but you will have to pull the whole thing apart to fix it, if indeed you can. The knob on the bottom should spin, but not go up and down, its sort of press fitted into place on the handle.

There is a tutorial somewhere... It is hard for me to explain without visual aids.

Check this out and see if it helps.

http://vintagesaws.com/fatboy/fatboy.html

It might be fixable but it depends on what kind of "nut" you have on the end of the razor. If its got two notches across from each other you can disassemble the razor if not then I dont think you will be able to get it apart. That nut should travel up into the bottom knob when you open the razor.

I have already taken the razor apart and cleaned it thoroughly and put it back together. It was like this before I cleaned it. I was hoping that the cleaning would fix the problem but that was not the case. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom