What would you pay for a 67 Camaro?
I don't have pics, but with the following info:
- All matching numbers
- RS package (headlamp motors work!)
- 80k-ish miles
- Original I6 engine is out of the car, replaced by something that gets around 350 hp (don't think it's a 348 BB but I can't remember). You get both.
- Minor, expected amounts of rust on undercarriage
- Leather roof covering needs replaced
- Leather seats in fine condition
- Interior mostly just needs a good cleanup, probably new carpet
- Not smoked in
- Original metal, no Bondo
- Body is in good shape, but it needs a thorough sanding to remove minor rust from a lot of places, and a new paint job. It's that ugly metallic brown color that looks like a dull penny, pretty sure it's the original paint.
Really the only problem is the exterior of the car. It's just ugly to look at, but otherwise should be in good working order (I'll find out next week). What say ye? The guy selling it wants $17k but I know he's just looking to score a buck off it.
I'm guessing he paid something closer to 8k for it. He runs a classic car restoration place, they do good work. Thing is, he made a 500 mile trip to buy it, but hasn't done much besides stick the new engine in it and the let it sit for 8 months, so I know he didn't pony up a lot of cash up front else they would've already pimped it out for sale. It's not like there aren't any Camaros in Iowa for god's sake.
I'm thinking that $12k is about as much as I'd pay, since it does have matching numbers and a second engine that allows me to run up the miles with impunity.
The hobbit's bite is deep! You have a good blade, Frodo son of Drogo!