What's new

Any Good Shave Cream in US Stores?

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly a newbie to wet shaving, and I'm very interested in trying different creams that perform well and are economically efficient in order to find a go to cream for daily use. I've read very good reviews on the web for the Nivea Shave Cream:

http://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Razor-C...XBT8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1309462602&sr=8-6

I know that in Canada, local stores charge somewhere around $2.50 per tube, but are there any local shops here in the states that carry this as well? I can readily find it online, but it's usually priced much more and shipping tacks on even more!

Which reminds me, are there any good creams that you can recommend that are available in the big chain stores? I'm looking for anything that lathers with a brush and I know of the following:

Rite Aid carries Real Shaving Co
Body Shop carries TBS Maca Root Shave Cream
Bath & Body Works carries CO Bigelow (Proraso)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

that's pretty much all I can get in my area, unless I go to art of shaving (not a big chain really like you're referring to). Try Indian grocery stores for Godrej, it gets good reviews I mean to try it soon, very nicely priced

Upscale: Art of Shaving

Niche: Dettol, Godrej and Old Spice creams can sometimes be found at Indian/Pakistani markets.

Thanks guys, I'll check out some local Indian grocers and see what they have to offer. If nothing else, shaveabuck has some good deals on Godrej and Axe Denim. Also, Kiss My Face looks very promising!

Kiss My Face is awesome.
Sometimes you can find it where they sell organic stuff or health foods.
I know I got mine from a chain called "The Nutrition House"

Real Shaving Company at Rite Aid - great stuff, make sure that you read the label, I've heard that some of them are brushless cremes. Rite Aid also has a A.S. Balm by RSC that's also top notch.

C.O. Bigleow at Bath, Body Works. - this comes in two sizes, 5.2 oz and a smaller travel size, get the larger ones. Not all stores carry a full selection. Clerks often will look at you like you have three heads if you ask them any questions about the product.

Bed, Bath & Beyond - Good selection at some stores, Stores either carry shave products or not, you can check it out on there web site before you get in your car.

Check local soap shops, you know those really girlie looking stores you wouldn't be caught dead in. The one here carries a nice but limited selection of shaving creams and soaps. I wouldn't need to order cream or soap on-line if I didn't want to but of course I still do. Many areas have Art of Shaving and Crabtree and Evelyn stores in the malls. Nordstroms carries a couple of products. Keep your eye's peeled and you may be surprised.

Bed, Bath & Beyond - Good selection at some stores, Stores either carry shave products or not, you can check it out on there web site before you get in your car.

There website suggests that they don't even sell shaving cream (mine definitely doesn't have my location so I don't think it is just my store). I might head out though to look since my BBB is like walking distance from where I work (five mins away). Curious if you might share what creams they carry at yours?

Also in relation to the Indian/Turkish groceries, how does one go about finding these around town?

There website suggests that they don't even sell shaving cream (mine definitely doesn't have my location so I don't think it is just my store). I might head out though to look since my BBB is like walking distance from where I work (five mins away). Curious if you might share what creams they carry at yours?

Also in relation to the Indian/Turkish groceries, how does one go about finding these around town?

Not all BBB locations have a personal grooming section, but those that do may have a few items (mine doesn't). As to finding ethnic stores, I've had good luck with Google, by searching "Indian Markets X" or "Turkish Markets X" (where X=name of your town).

Kiehl's...fine stuff. Found at Bloomngdales, Nieman-Marcus, maybe a few other upscale department stores. Also, check their website. They have a number of retail outlets as well. Odd no one mentions this product all that often, wonder why?

The three you mentioned are the most readily available. KMF is another altho I haven't tried it. I have gotten Godrej at Indian groceries if you are in a large enough area to have them, and it is amazing stuff!! IIRC, Kiehls Lite Flite and AOS are about the only other "Available" in the US creams, oh and the Method Bloq at some discount stores. Unfortunately you either have to order on line or arrange swaps with some of our foreign brethren. If I had to live with RSC Shave2cream and TBS Maca Root I could, but you should try to get 1) EU Palmolive Soap Stick and 2) EU Palmolive Cream.

Jay

My local Kroger's grocery store carries KMF unscented in the health/natural foods sections. Also health food stores may carry it. I think at one time Whole Foods carried it but I am not sure if they still do. KMF is probably the most widely available creame.

My local Kroger's grocery store carries KMF unscented in the health/natural foods sections. Also health food stores may carry it. I think at one time Whole Foods carried it but I am not sure if they still do. KMF is probably the most widely available creame.

They do still carry it at Whole Foods (or as I like to call it Whole paycheck). Mine had all of them except the mint one :( .

Top Bottom