What's new

Personna Barber Blades - Why do we call them 'Barbers'?

It doesn't say 'barber' anywhere on the plain white sleeve or on the blade itself. And what would a barber use a DE blade for anyway?

These blades are so intriguing and mysterious... and sharp!

Personna Barber Blades - Why do we call them 'Barbers'?

If they called them Dental blades people would be afaid of them.:drool:

Dave at razorbladesandmore.com stated that Personna (or maybe the distributor) refers to them as "Barbers" because they are commonly distributed to barbers who break them in half and use them for cleaning up (I guess with "shavette"?) I've never actually seen this done. My barber loads up his razor with something that is half the size of a DE blade.

Considering I have only been able to get (1) good shave from a Barber, it would probably be ok for a barber to use since they are typically just cleaning up sideburns, around the ears, and the neck and they wouldn't wear out a blade as if they were doing a full face shave with the blade. My barber doesn't reload a new blade after each customer though.

I think kingfisher is on the money.

My barber doesn't reload a new blade after each customer though.

Are you certain? That runs afoul of health and safety regulations in many places - more importantly, it's an excellent way of transmitting diseases like hepatitis.

Dave at razorbladesandmore.com stated that Personna (or maybe the distributor) refers to them as "Barbers" because they are commonly distributed to barbers who break them in half and use them for cleaning up (I guess with "shavette"?) I've never actually seen this done. My barber loads up his razor with something that is half the size of a DE blade.

Considering I have only been able to get (1) good shave from a Barber, it would probably be ok for a barber to use since they are typically just cleaning up sideburns, around the ears, and the neck and they wouldn't wear out a blade as if they were doing a full face shave with the blade. My barber doesn't reload a new blade after each customer though.

This is very correct!

YOU should seriously consider changing barbers. Because "new" barbers are suppose to change the blade "BY LAW" with every customer. This is the same reason why no "old school" barbers have any straights as not even the "barbeside" helps remove deseases. (Old school barbers are very limited for this reason as well).

Everytime I get a haircut, I happen to have a red pack personna blade with me and give it to my barber. I have seen many other barber not change the blade, I never go back to that place.

David + 2 cents

My barber--old school (he's in his late 70's and still has a thick Italian accent)--and tells the most entertaining stories--only uses a straight for the trimming.

Bob

This is very correct!

YOU should seriously consider changing barbers. Because "new" barbers are suppose to change the blade "BY LAW" with every customer. This is the same reason why no "old school" barbers have any straights as not even the "barbeside" helps remove deseases. (Old school barbers are very limited for this reason as well).

Everytime I get a haircut, I happen to have a red pack personna blade with me and give it to my barber. I have seen many other barber not change the blade, I never go back to that place.

David + 2 cents

Find a different barber!

Top Bottom