What's new

Have the Sharks dried up?

I just did a troll on Ebay to see if the 300 Shark Super Stainless blades made in Egypt but sold through a couple different retailers in Turkey for $21 are still available. I bought mine 4 or 5 months ago just before the demonstrations in Cairo and the eventual deposition of Mubarrak. It seems the deal is no longer offered. I wonder if this is a sign about the future availability of this great blade? Does anyone know if the factory is still operating?

What would Mubarek giving a deposition have to do with the razor blade manufacturing and/or marketing process??

....deposition about what?

I just did a troll on Ebay to see if the 300 Shark Super Stainless blades made in Egypt but sold through a couple different retailers in Turkey for $21 are still available. I bought mine 4 or 5 months ago just before the demonstrations in Cairo and the eventual deposition of Mubarrak. It seems the deal is no longer offered. I wonder if this is a sign about the future availability of this great blade? Does anyone know if the factory is still operating?

That deal was available up to a few days ago ie; last week.

I see the Shark SS deal on 300 pieces for US $21 is gone from Bestshave's site. Well, I got mine last month and have a bit under 100 of the SC variety as well.

Que será, será,

I looked at Ebay is the US and UK and can't find any of the 300 DE blades for $21 shipped anymore- all I can find are 100 or 200 blades for at least double the price or much smaller quantities at substatial prices. I checked one of the Amazon.com sellers and they are out of stock completely. I'm good for Shark Super Stainless blades for the next 5 years or so but I am still wondering if anyone knows if the plant that makes them is still operating at full production given the political and social changes in Egypt.

Last edited:
They're back, I E-Mailed my supplier and theres no supply problem, was just waiting for new shipment and ran short for a few days. So no panic folks.

They're back, I E-Mailed my supplier and theres no supply problem, was just waiting for new shipment and ran short for a few days. So no panic folks.

Upon reading your post I went back to Bestshave's web store. Sharks were not listed last night (U.S. Eastern) but this morning are back. He did raise the price by U.S. $2 but that's still a good price for a good blade.

That is a relief. Having a 5 plus year supply currently, I wonder if I can order in another 5 years worth and not raise the ire of good lady? Hmmm.......

I ordered the 300 Sharks from Best Shave's Ebay store, which goes under the name Store34 about six months ago, I think I paid $23 on the bay, later I learned about his web site, and realized that he was selling them for $21. Presently he has nothing listed on his ebay store.

A few weeks ago, I ordered 300 Astra SS blades, which with shipping were $31.60, a great price for a great blade. I like the sharks and use them at least a few times a week, but the Astra SS's are my new go to blade. Additionally, he has great prices on Astra SP's, Derbys, Perma-Sharps and Arko and Derby cremes.

Top Bottom