What's new

Want to try some hair tonics?

I offer a PIF to my B&B brothers. I was a part of the GREAT HAIR TONIC GROUP BUY OF WHENEVER IT WAS, and got to try a whole bunch of these hair tonics. It was tons of fun. I did find out, however, that I prefer tonics with oil, which is probably in the minority.

To enter in the drawing you must have at least 200 posts (unless no one with that many enters :001_tongu), you must be patient (contest ends at my whim, and I ship whenever I sell one of my BST items), you must live in CONUS, and you must really want to try some hair tonics :w00t:. I would guess most of the bottles are about half full.

$tonics (1).jpg $tonics (2).jpg

Great PIF Vlad! I have never tried hair tonics but have always been interested. Please include me in this PIF. Thanks!

i'm a groom and clean guy, so i'll pass on this. Just wanted to say that i've won a 'Vlad PIF' before and he's the best! Good luck to all!

I love Jeris hair tonic. It's the only one I've tried. I'd love to sample some others. Thanks for the chance. I'm in.

Count me in! I've been curious about hair tonics for a while. But, I have stated I am now on sabbatical. I'm assuming PIF doesn't count? :001_smile

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Count me in, I've still got plenty of hair and would love to try some.

Generous, thanks.

Edit: I am now up to 200! So I should be eligible. Don't worry all of my posts were thoughtful.

I have been meaning to try some hair tonics to keep my hair from sticking up after sleeping (I take evening showers). Very generous.

Last edited:
And the winner is....

:a5: <----This is a drumroll.

:a50: CaptainK!!!

PM me your address and I will send you your foo-foo juice.

Congrats CaptainK!
i was part of that group buy, it's a great sampling of most of the hair tonics out there. plus they are pretty decent amounts. I think the buy was like 5 months ago and using some every other day, I haven't finished one of the bottles yet! I even accidentally knocked over the eau de portugal bottle while using it and still have tons left.

Congrats CaptainK!
i was part of that group buy, it's a great sampling of most of the hair tonics out there. plus they are pretty decent amounts. I think the buy was like 5 months ago and using some every other day, I haven't finished one of the bottles yet! I even accidentally knocked over the eau de portugal bottle while using it and still have tons left.

Exactly. I figured out I'd never get rid of them by myself!

Exactly. I figured out I'd never get rid of them by myself!
I appreciate you sharing. When I was a teen, I used to use Wildroot, because my father did. But, as I got older, I didn't like the greasy feeling or look. I quit using it (and all other tonics). I've tried others now and again (for special occasions), but wouldn't continue to use them for one reason or another. I'd like something with hold, but I don't like my hair to feel sticky, helmet-hard or greasy. I'm not looking for shine or fragrance, just hold, while still allowing SWMBO to run her hands through my hair and like what she feels.

After reading some hair tonic threads, I thought it would be time to look again. Based on what I read, I recently picked up some Groom & Clean. I'll give it credit for some hold without feeling sticky or hard - it still felt good to run fingers through the hair. But, it made my hair look greasy/shiny and flat. I could use this right after a shower and, after my hair dried, it looked as greasy as if it hadn't been shampooed in days.

So, thanks again for the opportunity to try some popular tonics without having to buy each one. If I find one that I like, I'll be sure to pass along any that remain.

I've been thinking about trying Hair Tonic for a while now. Some of those scents look interesting. o_O Never knew hair tonic was made with any of them.

I've been thinking about trying Hair Tonic for a while now. Some of those scents look interesting. o_O Never knew hair tonic was made with any of them.
Yeah, I agree. I've read in other hair tonic threads that some tonics have nothing but aftershave ingredients in them (alcohol, water, fragrance, perhaps glycerin). I must say, I have my doubts about the effectiveness of any of those. I want more than fragrance in my hair. As a matter of fact, I think I'd prefer unscented, with nothing to compete with my AS/cologne.

Does anyone know where I can find the ingredients for these tonics? Thanks! :001_smile

Top Bottom