What's new

Shave Secret

I just started using this stuff. It's only about $3.50 a bottle at Wal-Mart. Smoothest shaves I've ever had. I use 5 drops for my whole face. Shave Secret plus any cream or soap produces the smoothest shaves I've ever had. I use a Merkur 34c and an Edwin Jagger 88L with Shark Super Chrome blades.
What are your thoughts and experiences with Shave Secret?

I just started using this stuff. It's only about $3.50 a bottle at Wal-Mart. Smoothest shaves I've ever had. I use 5 drops for my whole face. Shave Secret plus any cream or soap produces the smoothest shaves I've ever had. I use a Merkur 34c and an Edwin Jagger 88L with Shark Super Chrome blades.

Agreed - Works very well. I keep a bottle in my dopp bag so I don't forget it. It helps if you like the smell, too.

It does work well and very cost effective. I personally haven't had a problem with it gumming up razors or brushes. Excellent product!

It's an incredible product! I have recommended it to 15 friends who hate to shave, and have convinced them that the razor and canned foam was the reason WHY they hate to shave, and all 15 but 1 have agreed and are now dedicated wet-shavers. My good friend Matt V uses Shave secret with Cremo Creme to blind shave his head...he now uses a Merkur 23C, when he used to use a head-blade. No more bumps and his head shines every few days! :). I love it and use it quite often as i travel about 25% of the time. Hot or cold water makes little difference...more water is the key, not more oil...using warmer water usually works better than ice-cold, but I have also used it while camping and it worked just fine.

I've used Shave Secret under my shaving soap for a couple years now. I can't recommend it enough. I spread it on my wet face before I lather up with shaving soap. I've been using a lot of Arko these days. Smooth as silk shaves. I've been using cold water for shaving the last couple months and the oil and soap lather works even better than with warm water.

I use it every day along with my shave soap. It is awesome and American made. The smell is the only negative. Very strong odor.

I thought I already posted this question, but it's not here. So, here goes again ... what is Shave Secret? What are the key ingredients?

You guys suck. I just placed an order with Bullgoose yesterday and now I have to pick this up on my next trip to Wal-Mart. You bunch of enablers.

I have to admit, though, my wife loves all the scents in the bathroom in the mornings. Last night I let her smell my Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood cream and she said "I love your hobby."

On the bottle (I don't have the packaging anymore) the only ingredient list it has says: "An exclusive proprietary blend of 100% natural essential oils and a hint of menthol". Maybe someone can chime in that has it in the packaging to see if they put the ingredient list there.

I really like shave secret and use it often but the smell of clove can be a bit too much. If it didn't smell like clove so much it would be the only preshave oil I'd use and I gladly pay more.

After reading this post a bought a bottle yesterday. There are no ingredients listed anywhere in the packaging.

I must say that I hate the smell (or taste) of clove, but I could stand it. If it really works well, I will keep using it.

I've been using Proraso pre (which I really like), and today was my first shave using Shave Secret. It seems to work well, but I will wait a few more shaves to evaluate it better.

You guys suck. I just placed an order with Bullgoose yesterday and now I have to pick this up on my next trip to Wal-Mart. You bunch of enablers.

I have to admit, though, my wife loves all the scents in the bathroom in the mornings. Last night I let her smell my Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood cream and she said "I love your hobby."

I am with you on the Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood cream.... A sample just arrived from Garry's Sample Shop today, and it is the best smelling sandalwood sample I have smelled yet!!!

+1 I love this stuff

Top Bottom