What's new

Noodler's Inks

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well I thought that Noodler's had to have its own thread. Many colors, some are recycled under new names, and some are just toxic. Lets discuss them shall we?

This is my collection of Noodler's at the moment

FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown
FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue
FPH Old Manhattan
FPH Old Dutch Colony Sepia
FPH Ellis Islan
Ottoman Azure
Black Swan in English Rose
Widow Maker
Zhivago
Bad Belted Kingfisher
Bad Belted Gator
Baystate Blue

I really love them all, and would probably collect even more. I have really gravitated towards the Bad Belted Kingfisher. Its truly a lovely blue/black ink that is permanent. I have a real liking of blue black inks. Ellis Island has a little bit of a green tint to it, and isnt bulletproof. Starry Night is another wonderful ink, but again its not bulletproof. I LOVE Baystate Blue, but it basically stains everything it comes into contact with.

I truly wish they would make all of their inks bulletproof. Just the fact that an ink can not be tampered with is reassuring. I only wish I worked a job where I could use whatever color ink I would like

For work I use Old Manhattan, and the Bad Belted Kingfisher (pretending that it is still black).

I look forward to some comments!!

I love Noodler's ink! I have only been into fountain pens for about 4 months when I read some threads here on B&B, and since have bought 1 bottle of Waterman Black, 1 bottle of J. Herbin 1670, and 5 bottles of Noodler's. My collection so far is:
Air-corp Blue Black
Black Swan in Australian Roses
Heart of Darkness
Beaver
Bad Green Gator
I have not tried Bad Green Gator yet, but love all the others! Sometimes when looking at inks, I find myself not even looking at other companies.

Those are some great Noodler's colors, but I am espeically happy to see "Air-Corp Blue-Black" getting some love.

A gateway drug to an ink AD for me, and still a favorite.

Looks very old school and authentically WWII US Army to me!

I have a sample of Baystate Blue loaded into my Esterbrook C1010, but the level is too low the flow is interupted. I need more! I really like the color though...haven't got it on my clothes, yet, so, for now, it's good for me. haha!

There are several others I saw that I liked, too. Cayenne, one of the purples (i forget the name), and the bad gator green, and more, of course.

Noodler's Tiananmen is one if my favorite reds. It is well behaved and easy to clean from pens. One of these days I'll get around to buying a bottle or two of Legal Lapis. I'm a sucker for blue blacks, but I've found many of them are a bit too blue for my taste.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have a sample of Baystate Blue loaded into my Esterbrook C1010, but the level is too low the flow is interupted. I need more! I really like the color though...haven't got it on my clothes, yet, so, for now, it's good for me. haha!

There are several others I saw that I liked, too. Cayenne, one of the purples (i forget the name), and the bad gator green, and more, of course.

Its not just your clothes youll have to worry about. It can be a bit difficult to remove from the pen/sink/hands...etc. I LOVE BSB, but it seems I have one of the bluer versions rather than the more violet that has been produced. It seems there is a great deal of variation on that controversial ink :)

I've been using Bad Blue Heron as my main ink at work.
It's very nice and has good flow in my Parker 51.
Noodlers makes some quality ink that's for sure.

I have three bottles of Noodler's.

Heart of Darkness. This only get used in pens that have proven that they don't leak, drip or have any other problems.

Polar Brown. When I first got this ink I couldn't get it to work in any of my pens with out major problems, it was hard to get started, it skipped a lot, and it seemed like once I got it going it would dry out if I left the pen uncapped with out writing for more then a minute. I keep thinking that I need to give this ink another chance, but I don't have fond memories of it. I have read that the new version of Polar Brown has been reformulated to eliminate the problems that I was having.

Cactus Fruit Eel. This was a total surprise, I really like the color. I find it's great in a secondary pen, but I don't know if I would want it to by my primary color. This is a really smooth ink, and it dries pretty quickly.

Last edited:
This is gonna be a long thread.

off the top of my head this is what I can remember
x feather black
eel blue
bulletproof black
HOD
OMB
Hearts of darkness
Habanero
ottoman azure
ACBB
Violet vote
Legal lapis
Nikita
blue
blue black
Honorable blue
walnut
Esenin
Tahitian pearl
Glacier blue

Lets see"...
HOD
Black
Legal Lapis (2)
Polar Black
BSB (only for dip pens)
Texas Blue Bonnet
Army Aircorp
Dark matter
Year of the Pig
Hellfire
Nikita

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tried my very first Noodler's today- Bernanke blue.

Not quite as instantaneously drying as the videos, but pretty darn quick.

I don't have to tell you where this is going to end.

Tried my very first Noodler's today- Bernanke blue.

Not quite as instantaneously drying as the videos, but pretty darn quick.

I don't have to tell you where this is going to end.

I consider myself to be fairly resistant to all addictions. Some might call it denial. But here's what the evil Noodler's conglomerate has done to me:

Aircorp Blue Black
Luxury Blue
Contract Aquamarine (naturally)
Bay State Blue (don't like it)
Forest Green
Sequoia Green
Zhivago (supposedly green, looks a lot like Aircorp Blue Black, which has a green edge to it)
Purple Wampum
Seminole Sepia
Brown (dull name, but it's in my Pelikan now and looks surprisingly business-friendly)
Red-Black

Good luck, Ouch.

ouch

I consider myself to be fairly resistant to all addictions. Some might call it denial. But here's what the evil Noodler's conglomerate has done to me:

Aircorp Blue Black
Luxury Blue
Contract Aquamarine (naturally)
Bay State Blue (don't like it)
Forest Green
Sequoia Green
Zhivago (supposedly green, looks a lot like Aircorp Blue Black, which has a green edge to it)
Purple Wampum
Seminole Sepia
Brown (dull name, but it's in my Pelikan now and looks surprisingly business-friendly)
Red-Black

Good luck, Ouch.

Apparently, I'm going to need it.

I must say, though, that it's going to be pretty hard to resist buying all of the J. Herbins, as well.

Next Noodler's will be an Eel Series, I would imagine. Hey, I have a piston fill, so it's like the law, right?

Apparently, I'm going to need it.

I must say, though, that it's going to be pretty hard to resist buying all of the J. Herbins, as well.

Next Noodler's will be an Eel Series, I would imagine. Hey, I have a piston fill, so it's like the law, right?

Converters just don't hold enough ink. So yeah, it's the law.

any comments on the Noodler’s Russian Pushkin Forest Green ? I just got it and it is a bit disapointingly not very green. Or at least the kind of green you see in the forest at 7.30 pm on a night with no moon and raining.

I love Noodler's inks!

I have

Polar Blue
Nightshade
Habanero
Bad Blue Heron
FPH Old Manhattan
FPH Ellis Island Blue
Kung Te-Cheng - a recreation of the ancient Chinese Imperial inks used during the time of Confucius. Thanks Craig87C

BTW, Ouch, Fountain Pen Hospital has a nice selection of Noodler's and they let you do a quick test of the ink there. So, yes, this is going to end well for you with a nice collection of inks. :drool:

ouch

Fountain pen hospital? But it's down the block from Korin. I'll never make it there alive.

My first foray into Noodler's was Bullet Black and I did not like it. The bottle was given away and I steered clear of Noodlers until last year. I gave Eel Blue a chance and almost immediately knew that I liked this and needed to give Noodler's another view. Shortly thereafter I purchased Zhivago. I really like this ink. So now I am anxiously awaiting the B&B/Noodler's offering for my third bottle.

Right now I only have the "blue" ink since I've only owned and used fountain pens for about two weeks! Its much too light of a shade for me to use at work I think. Any suggestions for a darker blue shade?

ouch

I decided upon my next Noodler's order. I'd tell what my selections are, but you guys are my friends, my buddies, my pals-

you'll scoop it all up

Top Bottom