What's new

Will the Schick Injector Twin accept regular injector blades?

Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the Twin only refers to the blades and the razor that came in the promo packs was a standard injector.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the Twin only refers to the blades and the razor that came in the promo packs was a standard injector.
I think you are right.
the twin blades and single blades are interchangeable with any injector.

will the injector twin accept regular injector blades?

All injectors will accept a regular injector blade. If you have Injector Twin Blades, than it is recommended that you can load that blade in Type L or higher injectors. If you use an adjustable injector you must set up the injector to the number 5 and than load a Twin Blade and ajust to your desired setting.

ah, good point, those twin blades did come out much later than some of the earlier model injectors.

Though now that you said that, I'm curious to see what the shave from the older more aggressive injector razors would be like with a twin blade.

ah, good point, those twin blades did come out much later than some of the earlier model injectors.

Though now that you said that, I'm curious to see what the shave from the older more aggressive injector razors would be like with a twin blade.

You can risk it if you want to on beat up old injector. I would not place a twin blade into a Type E or G. I have some twin blades and they are thicker than your run of the mill injector blade.

I tried some twin injector blades a few times. The edges are so close to each other that it's not a very good shave at all. The stubble gets into the teeny little gap between the two edges and then that's about it. You can't shave with a clogged up blade, and you really can't rinse it out because the gap is so narrow and there is no pass-through. The edges are connected along the spine and even though there are tiny holes in one of the blades it's nothing you can rinse through.

I realize it was a gimick to counter the competition, but it is a miserable shave.

I bought several packs of twinjectors last year and only opened one. The rest are in my collection, where they'll stay.

I've since seen some come up on eBay and didn't even consider buying them.

I agree that they are quite a bit thicker than regular injectors and shouldn't be jammed into older model razors.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I tried some twin injector blades a few times. The edges are so close to each other that it's not a very good shave at all. The stubble gets into the teeny little gap between the two edges and then that's about it. You can't shave with a clogged up blade, and you really can't rinse it out because the gap is so narrow and there is no pass-through. The edges are connected along the spine and even though there are tiny holes in one of the blades it's nothing you can rinse through.

I realize it was a gimick to counter the competition, but it is a miserable shave.

I bought several packs of twinjectors last year and only opened one. The rest are in my collection, where they'll stay.

I agree that they are quite a bit thicker than regular injectors and shouldn't be jammed into older model razors.

This - though I love my injectors the Twins were the beginning of the end. Unless you have zero beard, they are lousy for shaving

I've had great results with the twin blades in some of the later Schicks, L,N, and O, and more recently in the Gillette Twinjector. They improved the shave on some models that were too mild otherwise, lasted for many shaves, and rinsed out easily despite the narrow spacing on the blades.

I think I'm the only person around here who has reported liking them, and the earlier model injectors don't need them anyway, whether they will work or not.

They're still available pretty much anywhere they sell blades, so I'm guessing they're still making them. I've still never seen an Injector razor here though. People must have them if they have the blades available, but everyone I ask gives me blank stares when I ask!

I've got some of the Personna II's courtesy of the beav, and I like them a lot. I don't consider them "better" than a good single blade injector, but I thought they performed well enough that if I ever run across any at a decent price I'd get some more.

They fit fine in two different adjustables and I hand fed one into an E with it open and it closed easily and without any problem. Once this blade is done I'm going to experiment loading it from the dispenser into a couple G, L and I types just to see if they go in OK.

Are they still made for the Japanese market, or were these old stock?

Both single/$12USD and twin/$15USD are available in 10/magazine. Schick a registered trademark of Energizer USA is written on the back of the magazine, but no country of origin.

Last edited:
I kick myself every time I think that I could have bought a brand new type-O when I was there in 2000. I saw them but had no interest at the time... I probably would have lost it by now anyway I keep telling myself...LOL

I did manage to snipe a used type-O through ebay for $45, 2 years ago.

Injectors do pop up from time to time on Japanese auction sites, in the $50-$100 range depending if they are used or NOS.

I

I kick myself every time I think that I could have bought a brand new type-O when I was there in 2000. I saw them but had no interest at the time... I probably would have lost it by now anyway I keep telling myself...LOL

I did manage to snipe a used type-O through ebay for $45, 2 years ago.

Injectors do pop up from time to time on Japanese auction sites, in the $50-$100 range depending if they are used or NOS.

I

I've no intention of spending that much on one! I'll have to get the missus on the hunt, she can ask around her family, although I know her dad and grandfather both use electrics....

My daily shaver is a type-N, small head, thin handle, easy to maneuver, and provides a quick easy shave. I prefer twin blades for my face, the singles don't quite do it for me. For my head, singles mow the stubble down quickly like nobody's business, the twins slightly less so.

I'm usually more in a rush these days and have slowly gotten away from DE shaves, and for some reason injector blades give roughly 15 excellent shaves per blade. Where as a DE only 2-3 per blade.

Last edited:
++1!!! They blow.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'll have to dig that old injector out & re-try the twins, my recollection is that is fouled very quickly and beyond that didn't offer any advantage to a SE injector blade

Top Bottom