What's new

Best De razor for sensitive skin?

I think that technique trumps hardware almost every time, and that the razor matters less than how it's used.

Although I wasn't ready for one at first, a slant was my best teacher. It always pointed out my errors.

If you are very sure that your prep, angle and pressure are spot-on you will have a sense of what razor/blade combo is right for you. Until then, practice and more practice may be all you need. Many of us took well over six months to develop decent shaving skills.

Codfish

I'll third this. And keep in mind that shaving is a system... technique + hardware + software.

I have pretty sensitive skin and have found that the Futur seems to work really well for me. I can dial it up for the first pass and then back down for subsequent passes. Works a charm.

If your just starting out I would suggest a Gillette Tech (ball or fat handle). They are not aggressive, can be purchsed for less than $20 and are really very good DE razors. Blades are a very personal preference and a sampler pack form Bulgoose will let you find what works for you. I like Astra, Personna Medical Prep, and Feather blades best, but feathers may not be good choice if just strating out (they bite!).

+1

Lord LP1822L, you can find it for $15 with some good blades included on eBay.
The Lord is my everyday razor. After two weeks with a Derby blade, it's a no pressure shave. It feels similar to my Gillette adjustable set at #2, only the Lord is lighter and easier to maneuver. It has design features that assist in getting the blade positioned properly. I bought it on Amazon Prime for less than $11. So, economical and easy to use. Win-Win

Maybe try a Merkur Progress, it's a very nice razor that can go mild to aggressive. It's very mild on it's lower settings.

I have comically sensitive skin, so one of the first things I did while lurking B&B was to find every thread about preventing irritation on sensitive skin I could. Well, there are hundreds of such threads, and it would be impossible to read through all of them, but I read enough to come to this conclusion: ask ten B&Bers how to eliminate irritation, and you'll get eleven answers.

The best conclusion is probably this:

I think that technique trumps hardware almost every time, and that the razor matters less than how it's used.

because everyone's beard is different, their skin is different, their sensitivities to soaps and chemicals are different, their shaving routines...the list goes on. There are so many variables, so many combos...the only constant is that good technique will definitely soothe your face. And unlike new blades, razors, soaps, and aftershaves, it's the only thing you can experiment with that's totally free.

That said, my sensitive skin was the prime motivation behind the absurd AD I've suffered these last few months. :lol:

​Thats really up to you, and your face......each razor and blade well react differently to your face. But you could consider a Blue tip and Astra blades..............I think you would like it.

Top Bottom