Nickel Plated Shaving Bowl from the Estate of Tom Thumb

Attachments

• $001.jpg
    $001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 787
  • $tomthumb.jpg
    $tomthumb.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 784
These razors just arrived in the mail today. The small one with the bent tail and unusual grind is a Wm. Greaves and Sons and the larger one is a 7/8 Wade and Butcher.

Attachments

• $DSCN4308.jpg
    $DSCN4308.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 783
  • $DSCN4309.jpg
    $DSCN4309.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 780
  • $DSCN4310.jpg
    $DSCN4310.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 778
  • $DSCN4311.jpg
    $DSCN4311.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 774
  • $DSCN4312.jpg
    $DSCN4312.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 772
This is my first collector quality vintage Gillette. Somehow I always miss out on the eBay auctions. Not this one.

Apart from a small bit of peeling lacquer, this is immaculate. It certainly looks like it's never seen water.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's got the instruction book, the box and everything!

I am tickled!

I got a box of SPOILERS on card NOS. :001_tt2:

The correct case for my `34 crat. :001_tt1: Even a nice looking New in it..

I need some help with this one. I thought it was an Excel or Astra type handle. It is made by KAI and has three NOS carts in it that have filaments over the blades like bump fighter blades. It won't hold an Excel cart though.. Any ideas?

Also got a grotty fatboy BIN that will go out as a PIF after I restore it.

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqQOKj4E37cKKMWHBOB1yfRi(!~~0_3.jpg
    $$(KGrHqQOKj4E37cKKMWHBOB1yfRi(!~~0_3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 757
  • $$(KGrHqQOKi!E3i,OMRFJBN5V7Dy7)w~~_3.jpg
    $$(KGrHqQOKi!E3i,OMRFJBN5V7Dy7)w~~_3.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 762
  • $$(KGrHqMOKnQE3dI+yC2GBN5V7HSZz!~~_3.jpg
    $$(KGrHqMOKnQE3dI+yC2GBN5V7HSZz!~~_3.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 759
  • $$(KGrHqYOKm8E3doK)v8WBN99Bz7,f!~~_12.jpg
    $$(KGrHqYOKm8E3doK)v8WBN99Bz7,f!~~_12.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 753
  • $$(KGrHqEOKm4E3VNTmf+-BN99BrV(Jg~~_12.jpg
    $$(KGrHqEOKm4E3VNTmf+-BN99BrV(Jg~~_12.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 751
Through an extraordinary stroke of luck, I was able to acquire a most unusual shave box containing a series of goodies and nasties as shown below. The highlights are the box itself and two Heljestrand razors: one with a barbers notch with a few dents on the blade, excellent honing practice material and an impecable no 4 with broken scales. The DE-stuff is of secondary interest as is the colgate plastic container which may serve as a travel container for a shaving stick.

The box itself is very interesting: on the top of the lid there is an "eight shaped" knob which can be displaced to the right. This allows the top part of the lid to be rotated. You then remove a small wooden cover on said top part of the lid revealing a vertical slot comprising a locking pin which can only be removed if said top part of lid is at 180 degrees from its starting position. With the locking pin removed, the whole lid can be displaced to the right and turned on a hinge giving you access to two compartments. This box was evidently designed to keep inquisitive fingers at bay.

Now that is a cool piece of woodworking - one of the neatest practical puzzle boxes I've seen! It's even got a slot for a dummy key on the other end, obviously to keep things symmetrical and not give the secret away. Great find!

I am not sure what to say, I entertained some people last night and possibly under the influence of a dirty martini or 3 could have bid on a few random eBay auctions. Checked my eBay page today and it appears I have won 2 already. At least I am not out of pocket much, but I really have no clue what I have purchased, can anyone identify these?

Some Gillette 3-piece razor and hair clippers in box.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Potter & Moore toilet soap??? I don't even know where to start... I ... I can't explain why I would have bid on this, but at least it virtually cost nothing, at least the boxes are virtually new and will look on display. Tell me, I can't identify it on google, would this be rather modern? the boxes look far too good in condition to be of any vintage.
proxy.php

... seriously children stay away from gin, it does evil things, at least to me. I am pleased with the razor and clipper purchases though!

I have two purchases planned for July, a Brian Brown custom straight razor and a Schwarzweisskeramik XL scuttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom