*SuperMax Super Platinum
*SuperMax Sunrise
*Treet Classic

After Shave
*L'Occitane Baux ASB

Legion

Staff member
Jake

That's an unusual and beautiful razor. Can it be used with standard SE blades or is it wedge only?

Cheers
Paul

A SE blade fits just fine into the Henckles, I tried it the other day. You want a steady hand and a face of steel though. Aggressive is an understatement when using that razor with a sharp SE blade.

SWMBO & I hit the flea market this weekend, and after a bit of walking around, happened upon a vendor with a basket full of razors! In amongst the worn, brassed Techs and peeling Gems, was a tarnished but sound 1908 Single-Ring! Needless to say, I snatched it right up.

A bit later, on the opposite end of the hall, I spied a metal Pocket Series case. Upon closer investigation, it turned out to be an ABC Empire set! Huzzah! Okay, it included a Frankenrazor ('22 New Improved head on the ABC handle), but I was still excited to acquire it!

$DSC02253.jpg

$DSC02261.jpg

$DSC02263.jpg

SWMBO & I hit the flea market this weekend, and after a bit of walking around, happened upon a vendor with a basket full of razors! In amongst the worn, brassed Techs and peeling Gems, was a tarnished but sound 1908 Single-Ring! Needless to say, I snatched it right up.

A bit later, on the opposite end of the hall, I spied a metal Pocket Series case. Upon closer investigation, it turned out to be an ABC Empire set! Huzzah! Okay, it included a Frankenrazor ('22 New Improved head on the ABC handle), but I was still excited to acquire it!

View attachment 184398

View attachment 184399

Nice score!!

I like that ABC hanle with the New Improved head from a Tuck Away set. I bet that shaves great!!

I haven't tried the ABC/Tuckaway yet, but I did take the Single-Ring for a spin Sunday morning.

Unbelievably close shave. Still smooth after 12 hours. It came at the price of razor burn, though. Felt like a good case of windburn!

Congratulations on the Godrej. If you bowl lather, I find the cream mixed with your shaving soap of choice produces some absolutely slick lather!!!

proxy.php

I wonder if any of these soaps will fit the bill for a superlather :tongue_sm
These are my first foray into the world of luxury soaps. Many thanks to Garry.
The jars are glass Pyrex. I bought them specifically for the soap samples. They're really thick and the rims have the most beautiful cobalt blue hue in the light.

Acquisitions from the last month, not much but I'm holding back - going to London in a weeks time :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Top, left to right
Britton Brush Co. Ltd. Bristle & Horsehair, 1944
5 Bristles & Hair, London Made (butterscotch)
No Name with handle of bone (going to clean and reknot it with the largest TGN Silvertip it will take)
Gillette NEW Belmont DeLuxe, 1935, England

Bottom, left to right
Ball Ended Gillette NEW, England
5/8" J.A. Henckels 64½, Solingen
6/8" Joh. Engström, Eskilstuna
6/8" Columbia Cultery Co., USA
7/8" Reiza Kai, Tokyo

proxy.php

Glad to see that a board member got those brushes. I wonder if that London made brush is a Simpson fifty series.
Acquisitions from the last month, not much but I'm holding back - going to London in a weeks time :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Top, left to right
No Name with handle of bone (going to clean and reknot it with the largest TGN Silvertip it will take)
Gillette NEW Belmont DeLuxe, 1935, England

Bottom, left to right
Ball Ended Gillette NEW, England
5/8" J.A. Henckels 64½, Solingen
6/8" Joh. Engström, Eskilstuna
6/8" Columbia Cultery Co., USA
7/8" Reiza Kai, Tokyo

proxy.php

Top, left to right

Love it! Especially with the whipping. Leave it as it is. Just shampoo it and use it. At most clean and seal it.

No! No! No! Just clean it and use it. It's beautiful just as it is.

Well, OK, maybe a slightly bigger knot

Glad to see that a board member got those brushes. I wonder if that London made brush is a Simpson fifty series.

I actually think this is the second brush I got that only has the number 5 on it, but no maker, although I have had the same thoughts.

Love it! Especially with the whipping. Leave it as it is. Just shampoo it and use it. At most clean and seal it.

No! No! No! Just clean it and use it. It's beautiful just as it is.

Well, OK, maybe a slightly bigger knot

I'm not going to use the 1944 brush, I think the details in it, like the string holding the knot in place, are worth saving, so it will be a "display" brush.

The knot in the bone handle was ruined, there where no hairs in the middle and it fell apart when I tried pulling gently in the hairs. I actually removed the knot and base without use of any tools.
I have cleaned it up and am in the process of deciding which knot I would like in it.

That handle is absolutely stunning.

It is, and even better looking than on the photo. I am looking forward to the day I have it restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom