What's new

Acquisitions for July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
$IMAG0426.jpg

A near mint viscount rolls razor with snakeskin case and original shipper. Doesn't look it's ever been used, the grease is still on the blade edges and it has a slip of paper with the signature of the factory worker who checked it. The hone and strop are both unmarked and the only imperfection is a bit of plate bubbling on the case.

Apologies for my awful phone camera

Last edited:
That is pretty sweet Hairy. The signature is really cool. You know, when products were made with care and to last :) .

Thanks Panda, couldn't agree with that more. I think most things these days are so cheap (in the bad way). I'm not going to be able to shave with it for a while as I've just started learning to use a straight.

I received this in the mail today from my from a dear friend. Its an older Spanish Palmera with no origin stamp. Just "14 Palmera" which equals 8/8 on this one.

Attachments

• $SS850642.jpg
    $SS850642.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 290
  • $SS850641.jpg
    $SS850641.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 288
44 years later i found my very personal nos summer special superspeed blackhandle menthol set (1967) for this year 2011. very cool!

proxy.php

The Globetrotter is a very nice SE wedge blade type razor. I like it's heavy-duty design. Anyone else have one of these beasts?
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I also like this SE Henckel razor. It too has a wedge blade with 2 extras and the sweet handle for holding and honing the blades. Haven't sharpened the wedges yet in order to try it out. Beautiful set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Quite the mechanical marvel...
proxy.php

Jake

That's an unusual and beautiful razor. Can it be used with standard SE blades or is it wedge only?

Cheers
Paul

And if you haven't seen one of these beauties in a while -- like me during this arid summer season -- great to stumble on the classy classic #66. The rhodium beauty par excellence. Can't bring myself to use this one.

proxy.php

Obviously the wrong blade case, but it's a nice touch...

proxy.php

That rhodium finish can't be beat. For shine and gleam. Why didn't they make more razors with this plating in the US? Was it just that we are too much of a throwaway society?

And if you haven't seen one of these beauties in a while -- like me during this arid summer season -- great to stumble on the classy classic #66. The rhodium beauty par excellence. Can't bring myself to use this one.

proxy.php

Obviously the wrong blade case, but it's a nice touch...

proxy.php

That rhodium finish can't be beat. For shine and gleam. Why didn't they make more razors with this plating in the US? Was it just that we are too much of a throwaway society?
lovin that 66 jake...

Italian soaps and some nail clippers for this month.

Why didn't someone warn me that Cella is the size of a brick! :w00t:
This brick will last me for years.
Hopefully the Tupperware container will keep it safe.
Stuff smells wonderful.

Also got a few other ones.

Blame it on Macro. :wink2:

On another note, those nail clippers are sturdy and do a great job.

Attachments

• $IMG_0936.jpg
    $IMG_0936.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 250
  • $IMG_0937.jpg
    $IMG_0937.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 251
  • $IMG_0940.jpg
    $IMG_0940.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 250
  • $IMG_0944.jpg
    $IMG_0944.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 252
  • $IMG_0939.jpg
    $IMG_0939.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 253
Hi all, would anyone care to identify todays purchases? The retractable strop and the gillette I should be able to figure out, but I can't see any reference to the "Imperial Companion" which looks like it has never been used.

$2011-07-30 14.17.39.jpg

$2011-07-30 14.18.12.jpg

$2011-07-30 14.18.52.jpg

$2011-07-30 14.19.40.jpg

$2011-07-30 14.19.54.jpg

Strop and gillette...

Edit: I believe it may be a Rocket? Incidentally it still had a blade in it, marked "Klingelschmied 0,10 Solingen 0,10"

$2011-07-30 14.21.40.jpg

$2011-07-30 14.22.30.jpg

Last edited:
The Globetrotter is a very nice SE wedge blade type razor. I like it's heavy-duty design. Anyone else have one of these beasts?
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I also like this SE Henckel razor. It too has a wedge blade with 2 extras and the sweet handle for holding and honing the blades. Haven't sharpened the wedges yet in order to try it out. Beautiful set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Quite the mechanical marvel...
proxy.php

WOW! I mean just wow. Those are some awesome razors man! I'm still new to all this but it's razors like these that just fuel my need to own more SE's, lol. It's stuff like this and the old Star and Kampfe Bros. and Lather Catchers that just speak to me. Don't get me wrong I love DE's and cut-throats as well. But SE's remind me of old torture devices. Love em!

Last edited:
Some Mama Bear's Turkish Mocha arrived for me aswell as some Cyril R Salter's Sublime Citrus Shaving Cream.

And Jake's #66 looks amazing! That could be perhaps the best looking razor I have laid eyes on, very jealous!

I've had a few #58s over the years, but they always impress me with their great cases and the amazingly buttery feeling the TTO mechanism has -- much different from other TTO razors. Like the #59, the loop that was designed to hold the razor in place is a nice -- unique -- touch.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nickel plated but it sure does shine like rhodium.

proxy.php

Hard to find one with no blemishing on the red case, but this one is not too bad.

And the top liner is really fine -- unlike the usual faded (& stained) condition common with this set.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom