What's new

I've finally sorted out my straight storage problem.

Having a reasonable sized collection of straights has posed a quandry on how to store them so I they are easy to access and don't take up huge amounts of room. I've tried pen stands, plate holders, pocket knife stands and even a knife roll.

Anyway, I've finally cracked it.

A basic, plastic set of office drawers. I've lined them with black, non slip matting and I reckon they work great. I've just thrown a few straights in so you get the idea. I just need to buy a few extra sets of drawers now.

proxy.php

Germany
proxy.php

Japan
proxy.php

Spain
proxy.php

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Where's the China drawer? :lol: I like your idea a lot, I may need to take a trip down to Office Depot.

Good idea... But it doesn't do your amazing collection justice.

I was expecting some kind of grand cabinet, with individual spotlights on rotating plinths.

Legion

Staff member
Good idea... But it doesn't do your amazing collection justice.

I was expecting some kind of grand cabinet, with individual spotlights on rotating plinths.

Me too, or a hidden cabinet that opens when you press a button, to reveal the razors, mounted in a spiral pattern on the wall. There should be a smoke machine, dramatic lighting and choir music playing, as well.

Come on John, plastic draws? Your just not trying. :wink2:

That's certainly practical, doesn't look out of place either!

Does it get enough air circulation in the drawers to keep everything dry?

Me too, or a hidden cabinet that opens when you press a button, to reveal the razors, mounted in a spiral pattern on the wall. There should be a smoke machine, dramatic lighting and choir music playing, as well.

Come on John, plastic draws? Your just not trying. :wink2:

Yeah righto. If I could ever convince myself to sell off the safety razor collection then I'd have a very nice and large display cabinet to use but I just can't bring myself to do it.............................................yet.

Plenty of airflow through it Tak. I also don't store them in the bathroom so they don't get exposed to alot of moist air.

No, no, no. They deserve some kind of vault. I'm thinking a highly ornamented medieval type of storage.
One vault for each country.
$2308339095_fcfae9a575.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice one John! I can't see the French and Custom drawer! :tongue_sm

You might want to throw a silica pack or two in the drawer. Whenever I find those silica desiccant pouches in packing material I save them for reuse. They're also good for use in your safe or with gun storage.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I reckon you're 1 step away from an excel spreadsheet powered by Google!

Top Bottom